Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63164 Topics
441711 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#402171 - 06/29/12 07:02 PM LGBT-S (for Survivor)?
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

My story is so typical in these forums that it's almost redundant to mention it, but the super-short version is this: I don't identify as gay but I am attracted to white-haired men; I am attracted to women, but my relationships with them always end in tears.

I am not gay; I am not straight; I am not bi; nor am I trans. I am a survivor. That's what I am. The abuse eliminated my ability to have any identity that is currently discussed in the mainstream world, even in the LGBT community.

Therefore, I suggest that we as survivors advocate for those who advocate for the LGBT community to consider adding an "S" to their un-pronouncable acronym.

I do not identify as LGBT, but I could find a home under an LGBTS umbrella. We are survivors; that's what we are.

Thoughts?

#402305 - 07/01/12 04:21 PM Re: LGBT-S (for Survivor)? [Re: cant_remember]
bcl092 Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
I'm in a similar situation, maybe a little different. pm me if you want to talk.

#402528 - 07/04/12 03:43 AM Re: LGBT-S (for Survivor)? [Re: cant_remember]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Good thoughts Cant Remember,

I have similar issues. I have been told I am a Sexual Anorexic. Like the food anorexic is afraid of food, the sexual anorexic is afraid of the sex in all its complexities.

Lots of shit happens with CSA!

I wish the best for your situation and that you may find answers and hope. I would be glad to hear from you, or bcl092, in a PM (private message) if you want to talk about anything.

take care you two

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#403788 - 07/16/12 11:49 AM Re: LGBT-S (for Survivor)? [Re: pbert53]
mh6893 Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
I'm in a similar situation. PM me if any of you want to chat.

J

Jack

My profile photo is me around the time of my experience.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.