Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (ebenjen), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 18 of 24 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#390119 - 03/21/12 09:33 PM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: Avery46]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

A friend here asked me if I still think it gets better. A lot of us know it does.

Sometimes it gets better when you take time to care for your loved ones even if you put recovery just a bit in low gear. It's so good to have a loving and supportive family, but CSA of course can be just one of many challenges we all have to take head on in the course of our lives.

So please continue to see it does get better and take care of everything that matters in life , like I hope I am right now!

Best to you all.......

#390122 - 03/21/12 09:40 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: kb8715
...It's so good to have a loving and supportive family...

I'll bet it is. I know for me it is great to have loving and supportive friends who are my family now. BUT, I guess friends are not real family.

Hmmm....something to think about.

It does get better - I agree 100%. I was in T group tonight and reflected with each one in the group. As I was reflecting I realized for myself - my life is better. Thank God!!!

#390124 - 03/21/12 09:43 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: Avery46]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Originally Posted By: Avery46
quote]It does get better - I agree 100%. I was in T group tonight and reflected with each one in the group. As I was reflecting I realized for myself - my life is better. Thank God!!!

It makes me so happy to "hear" you say that! Another encouragement for everyone...

Lee

and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#391157 - 03/28/12 08:03 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: traveler]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I watched a guy who trusts me disclose, confront, and get huge family support very recently. He's now immersed in a full array of professional care as a result.

From where I stand he's still a young man. Better said he's one of the bravest men I have ever come to know.

That's why I came here. I wish more of us could let go of the past & focus on today and tomorrow.

If you can not see that it gets better then you may need to do something else in your recovery. If you are stuck after more than a short period of time you need to look inside of you for the cause, not to those around you.

I never said this was easy, I keep saying it is very possible for those who truly want it however.

Be well.

#391341 - 03/29/12 07:46 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I watched a guy who trusts me disclose, confront, and get huge family support very recently. He's now immersed in a full array of professional care as a result.

From where I stand he's still a young man. Better said he's one of the bravest men I have ever come to know.

That's why I came here. I wish more of us could let go of the past & focus on today and tomorrow.

If you can not see that it gets better then you may need to do something else in your recovery. If you are stuck after more than a short period of time you need to look inside of you for the cause, not to those around you.

I never said this was easy, I keep saying it is very possible for those who truly want it however.

Be well.

#396631 - 05/09/12 04:34 PM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

It gets better…it takes work.

The tight small crew I rely on here post rarely, never chat here anymore, but we are all making it. Yeah there are some hard days and rough spots, but damn we are loyal. We look out for each other, we talk, text, email, PM etc. and it works. We look out for each other. We push we pull we support we care. We let it get better for each other and for ourselves.

We all have full lives. Students, boyfriends, husbands, dads. That small group I met here who care for me and me them runs 20-45. Life gets complicated at times. We can’t control the economy, the weather, or even the health of our loved ones, but we deal.

And we stay positive.

We work as a group to stay clear of negativity and the belief we cannot heal, because we can heal, and we are healing.

That’s proof it does get better.

#398233 - 05/23/12 11:51 PM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Keep digging keep healing. That's what I have been saying to a man here I trust and rely on a lot.

It's not always easy to see it gets better. Some days I'm astonished by the challeneges the guys here i really know and care about overcome. Hey some days i can't beleive some of the shit I cross through as well.

But we do. We do because we are committed to recovery, committed to one another, committed to seeing it does get better and we are going to be alright.

Thanks to those guys guys from MS who care enough for me to watch my back. They know I got their backs too.

#398667 - 05/29/12 07:07 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

In some ways I'm just closing out one of the toughest weeks I've known. One of the guys here who pushes me says life happens, and there are no excuses not to deal. It gets better when we deal and fix things, not sit back stuck in fear or pain.

This week had zero to do with me, everything to do with a loved one. I wanted control I wanted answers and really still have neither. But I did good getting through it. Not perfect, yea the fear and anxiety crept in, but I fought it off pretty good, and friends helped me. Those friends are neighbors who value us, and a couple guys here who show daily they would do anything to aid in OUR recoveries.

That small group from MS that I lean on are just like you or me. But each has made huge strides in recovery. It's been nothing but hard work, desire, focus and great peer support.

Don't stay stuck. Stay clear of negativity. Lean on the right people. Believe in yourself. Accept that life happens and realize it does get better.

#399339 - 06/04/12 08:17 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Believe in yourself, believe in the good that freinds and familiy can bring us.

Believe in the support you can give to and get from a fellow survivor here. There is no more loyal a friend you will find then a man who understands how we feel at times.

I don't beleive in staying stuck, refuse to believe it can't get better. It can get better and has.

If you can't yet see it, dig deep, get support & help, do what it takes.

We were brusied, never broken. Wounds heal, scars fade.

Do it.

#400454 - 06/14/12 08:59 PM DADs: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

A very happy Fathers Day to the great dads who are here.

To those with no dad or bad Dads, be the better man through your recovery.

To those with great dads supporting them, hug them tight.

And to you who trust me and showed me I am a great Dad, you know what your support and friendship will always mean.

It does get better.

Page 18 of 24 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.