Philippians 1 :27

Life Worthy of the Gospel

27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel 28 without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God. 29 For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him, 30 since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have.

Quote:

No matter what happens , I have an obligation to conduct myself in a manner pleasing to God so that others around me may see that Christ still lives and reigns . My example can determine whether or not someone can believe the gospel for it’s truth. Together we are to stand firm in the gospel and it’s truth through the power of the Holy Spirit . The world desperately tries to defeat the word and work of God at every turn every angle , but standing together having each others back in good and bad times standing united the world will not be able to defeat us . Doubt can be erased by affirmation from one another our actions on one accord speaking loud through the Christ within us . I will suffer for these beliefs and actions there will be struggles but I can overcome anything through Christ which will strengthen me .

Philippians 2
Imitating Christ’s Humility

2 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Quote:

Being untied with Christ sharing in the spirit my joy will be made complete all by being like minded in that we all have a common goal . Being one in spirit of one mind doing nothing out of my own selfish ambition but out of love and humility . To put others above my own sufferings my own problems by giving them over to Christ and in doing so I may be able to put others above myself . I am to give my life over to Christ giving him full control , this giving control over to Christ means allowing him to work through what ever means necessary to bring about the best possible outcome for he is truly at the beginning and the end simultaneously. Knowing the outcome before the beginning . Only God can no the beginning and the end because he is both he always has been . Until I begin to view God in such a way I will never be able to fully give my life over to him. There is much work to be done after I give my life troubles my past hurts all over to him . Excepting that he will work out everything for the good of those who love him and are called according to his good and perfect will . Knowing he will stand on my behalf no matter what .Standing firm in his word believing him not just because I think so but because he said so and taking it and putting it into action by standing on the promises of God having the faith it takes to truly believe and except it . You can believe something but excepting it as truth now that is when true growth can occur .

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death —
even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Do Everything Without Grumbling

Quote:
I have to have the mindset of Christ . In that he came to serve not be served . God came down in the flesh the most humbling thing that could have been done. Walked among us and took on all our sufferings he knows what it is like to want to need to hurt and be persecuted . Therefore I must also take on the mind of humility . All or anything I endure on this earth is nothing compared to the suffering he endured . Yet I have the nerve to complain and make much of my own troubles most of which I have brought on myself because of the lack of knowledge of our great and Holy God. Not the problems that have happen through no fault of mine such as the sexual abuse and childhood issues that i had no control over. But not leaving any excuse now that i am a new creation IN Christ Jesus the old has passed and the new has come through him. I have learned to leave that which is behind me because it died the day i excepted Christ . Excepting this truth allows me to live a life for him ,not a life for self. Living a life for self keeps the dead alive and keeps the past in my present. Christ has been exalted whether I believe it or not I am not to grumble about anything but giving my life over to him who created it.
The grumbling comes form being in self.Every time I am in self I reap from that nature .Finding out through my selfishness that there is someone greater than myself that someone being God .Although there is nothing in which to compare him by because he simply just is
and our greatest notion of God is an injustice to all he is . To quote A.W. Tozar “ How can our limited minds grasp the unlimitless “ We simply can not, his ways are far beyond anything we can come up with . Perfect wisdom with perfect love and righteousness that we can not even begin to fathom. So I must imitate Christ to the best of my ability and as long as it is His ability i am relying on than there can be no failing

12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Quote:
The words for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose that resonates with me the most and that we are to work out our salvation.
So many think that you give it to God and that is it you just sit back and let him handle everything . There is so much WORK to be done . I have found that the work involved comes from putting Gods word into action . Not just giving it to him but allowing the Holy Spirit to lead guide and direct me . The work comes through going to church services,bible studies , listening to sermons and reading the word . I ask for the wisdom and knowledge and than i go seek it . I receive it from people he sends to me in my life . I constantly look and listen for Gods direction through people and books and everywhere even songs.I can not expect God to come down here when he has equipped me with everything I need to be successful if i stand on his promises and his word . For example I simply can not ask God for a job and than sit back on my but and think someone is going to knock on my door and offer me one . Sure I prayed and asked for God to open doors for me and asked for him to get a job. But I have to work I have to go put in applications I have to make contacts and do the work and through my prayers and faith he will provide the job . Or maybe God wants me jobless to learn something I cannot even wrap my head around because i am so focus on the uncomfortableness but knowing God is going to work it all out for my good and those around me than the job comes , this is working out my salvation this is allowing God to fulfill his will and purpose which is far far greater than anything I can or cold string together.

If I need to overcome something than I must do the work . Overcoming my addictions took and still takes work. I have been alcohol free sense 2001 , I still go to recovery meetings when I need to . To overcome my sexual abuse it took work , like going to book clubs at church and learning that I can not stay a victim forever . I learned that from a book called " Breaking unhealthy soul ties". It was a spiritual revelation i received from reading that book . But I was doing the work in order to receive that revelation . I had to loose this victim mentality and I never would have learned that had I not done the work seeking and finding. Speaking out my abuse reading books on abuse , going on the Oprah show with others who had been abused . Not letting fear hold me back anymore doing the work. Yes I asked for God to deliver and through that deliverance there was work to do on my part .Yes it was hard and I felt like giving up along the way but I also know there is an enemy working against me . But I have power over him through Christ . This Christian walk is hard and it is long and it is not about my best life now bull crap there is no a gospel of prosperity because that is not the gospel at all .I am to work out my salvation how can the word of God say there is work to be done and sit back and think I can just get by on prayers alone . Faith without works is dead and God is going to use me according to his own will not my own

14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. 17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

Quote:
Living the life God intends for me will take me out of all of the despair that self loathing self pity or anything that has to do with self and use all that I have gone through to glorify him . In allowing this to happen God will allow me to shine like a star to be a light for others who in the darkness of self the darkness of sin and enable them to realize there is a glorious light name Jesus Christ .
Knowing all of my sufferings are temporary and he is building me up for service for others removing self and replacing it with selflessness.

Edited by nltsaved (06/27/12 04:39 PM)
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY