Philippians 1 :12

Paul’s Chains Advance the Gospel

12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel.
13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.

Quote:
“Everything that has happen to me in my life I view in such a way
Because of my obedience to Christ those around me have been able to see through the obedience of the gospel that they might find confidence in the gospel also . This has nothing to do with my own strength , but it is the power in which Christ has given through the power of the Holy Spirit . Because of my obedience it is as if I am in chains for the sake of the gospel for it restrains me from going where I should not go it restrains me from saying things I should not say and do things I should not do . Therefore I am in chains for the sake of the gospel and yet I am free because of what Christ has done for me . For the chains are not for restriction they are for my protection”

15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel.

Quote:
“I was put here on this earth and that is to teach the gospel to those who have no not of The Christ not for my own personal gain but for the gain of the gospel the gain of the knowledge of Christ. This life is not about me and when it becomes about me I suffer not only emotionally but mentally also. When my life is about the will of the Most Holy God than my life becomes manageable because it is not I who is managing it “.

17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Quote:
“Selfish ambition will only hinder Gods workmanship and shall be exposed for its insincerity . Selfish ambition is just that selfish God’s hand will not be found in that. If it is about me it is clearly no longer about Christ and if it is about me than there surely is no glory to be found at all . For apart from him and left to self , i am a complete mess as much of a mess as the condition he found me in so i want to be as far away from self as I can be. To be apart from self is to be closer to God.
Yes there will be those who come against the gospel and those who will come against me but it shall not matter . The gospel advancing being listen to , this is all that matters .God is in control and is working all the time on my behalf even if I can not feel his presence “.

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, 19 for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. 20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Quote:
“Wow , for me this is huge . I rejoice because I no I have the body of Christ praying for me interceding for me no matter what I am going trough or no matter how I am feeling. Even though I have lived a hard life ,sexual abuse from 2 different males , sexual confusion ,alcohol addiction , drug addiction, bouncing from house to house, watching domestic violence ,having no father , ALL of these things have turned out to not only make me stronger and wiser they have through the power of the Spirit of Christ within me DELIVERED me . Now that my deliverance has come through Christ and excepting his will for my life , there is no shame in fact I find courage and I find that his will and perfect plan far exceed anything I have endured . God can now be exalted because God is who he said he is . God has delivered as promised , now I can take all that has happen to me and use it for HIS glory no longer my shame WOW this is good stuff .

22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me.

Quote:
‘Although I would love to be with Christ in heaven there is work for me to do down here . People are counting on me , people I have not even met yet are depending on me being at their crossroads . If I am not prepared if I am drowning in self pity over my past than how will I be able to be there fore them . This life is not about me it is about doing the work of Christ advancing the gospel at all cost even if that cost is me suffering for Christ pushing through all the past issues for the better good of the gospel for the sake of others . Loving others more than myself , in order to bring God the glory for not only deliverance but Giving him the glory most importantly because he is God and worthy of all glory all honor and praise .So if I boast at all let it be boastful of Christ let much be made of Christ “.

Edited by nltsaved (06/27/12 02:37 PM)
Edit Reason: added quotes
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY