Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (Logan, Doubter, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64018 Topics
446778 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#401829 - 06/26/12 07:15 PM US Airforce in the news
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
The US Airforce Was in the News today. Because Of a report about Female Airmen. Being Sexualy Assulted in Basic Training . It is aperent that the Military is full of Sexual preditors.
When is the Military going to start Throwing Out thease Preaditors with Dishonorable Discharges

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#402196 - 06/30/12 08:46 AM Re: US Airforce in the news [Re: OKIE MIKE]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
It's sad that this kind of thing happens in Basic. A place where you are totally under the control of the Drill Instructor, a position of trust, and this kind of crap happens. The more interesting thing is, if this happened to 31 females; just think of how many men this had to happen to.

This is a lot worse than Sandusky. How many memorable drill instructors have been portrayed in Hollywood? R. Lee Ermey as "Gunnery Sergeant Hartman" in "Full Metal Jacket" or Jack Webb as "Technical Sergeant Jim Moore" in "The D.I.". But how many people are as excited about these memorable creatures abusing someone in their charge? This has received a fraction of the attention from the media. Anyone else sensing a pattern here?

Personally, I think the plea deal for the one that got off with 9 months should be tossed. "Indecent contact" my tush!

Let's talk legalities for a minute. The maximum penalty for a violation of Article 120, UCMJ, is death. Why hasn't the military sought more convictions under Article 120? How come most of the convictions are for violating a lawful general order or conduct unbecoming?

Brian
"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#418940 - 12/12/12 03:27 PM Re: US Airforce in the news [Re: OKIE MIKE]
WayTooConfused Offline

Loc: Florida
In response to your statement about Article 120.

Although, Military "Death Sentences" are ordered as punishment in a Court Martial, it is not generally known that since the United States Disciplinary Barracks, commonly known as "The USDB" where most Military Personel (from all branches of the United States Services) are housed after a conviction is handed down, is located in Kansas City, Kansas.

The State of Kansas, DOES NOT have the Death Penalty, and even though the USDB is Federal Property it sits on Kansas soil, therefore, the Death Penalty can not be carried out, because of the laws of that state.

Yes, the USDB has an official Death Chamber, the Death Penalty can not be carried out, because of the laws of that state.

So, those with a death sentence will sit on Death Row, until they naturally die, or they are "Federally Transfered" to a Federal Prision in a State that has the Death Penalty. And as an FYI, it has been many many years since the Military has actually carried out an actual "Execution Order" for the sentence of death.

So, as to your orginal statement, "Why hasn't the military sought more convictions under Article 120?"

Plain and simple, An "Execution Order" will never be carried out to begin with, so most JAG, Prosecuters will not seek the Death Sentence. And, if it is sought out by the Prosecutor, it is only sought out, if there is considerable press coverage of that particular incident with that soldier or sailor, and/or if after the Commanding General of that Base's Jurisdiction {where the offense(s) took place} is heavily urged by the Commanding General of that base to be persued and carried out.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.