Newest Members
uvagrad4, cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X.
12497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (iaccus, manipulated, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12497 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#401659 - 06/25/12 10:23 AM Is this the calm before the storm?
lostpartner32 Offline

Loc: southeast
My husband recently celebrated his birthday and says that he is looking forward to this being the best year of his life. I am all for that, but he has just begun the healing process and from everything I have heard and read it is a long process. I just do not want him getting his hopes up to just be let down.

#401670 - 06/25/12 01:22 PM Re: Is this the calm before the storm? [Re: lostpartner32]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Having someone by him will help with the healing process. His attitude and commitment seem to be there. But it can be an emotional roller coaster of ups and downs. He just needs to understand sometimes two steps forward and one step backwards. No one is perfect and when he stumbles he needs to pick himself up--taunts and verbal attacks will not help--sometimes silence and a smile go a long way.

He wants to heal and that is so important. Good luck and I wish him and you a good year.

#401671 - 06/25/12 01:30 PM Re: Is this the calm before the storm? [Re: lostpartner32]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
A little optimism never hurt anyone. It's his birthday, so why should he have a dark cloud over his head? He will go through his own recovery on his terms, but having a positive attitude that it will get better, is something that will help him go further in his recovery. He probably already knows deep down that recovery isn't a soothing cup of international coffee but is trying to keep a positive attitude. The best thing you can do is to stand by him in good times and in bad, just as you promised when you first got married.

- Saint John of the Cross

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.