Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 62 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62560 Topics
438340 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40170 - 05/27/01 02:58 AM Re: An Intro and a call for Youngins (well 20 somethings)
Broken Offline

Loc: Huntingtun Beach, CA, US
Have you told anyone about the incident(s)? You should tell some people you are close to and trust before trying to confrton someone. If it makes you feel any better, everybody here has thier ears open.

#456472 - 12/09/13 03:01 PM Re: An Intro and a call for Youngins (well 20 somethings) [Re: Anonymous]
staypositive Offline

Loc: nj
I am late 20s and just discussed my CSA with wife. Also looking for similarly aged victors.

#456476 - 12/09/13 03:33 PM Re: An Intro and a call for Youngins (well 20 somethings) [Re: Anonymous]
Sven Offline

i'm 18. This seems to be an old thread though
Into souls on the tree of pain
From the firefly a red orange glow
See the face of fear
Running scared in the valley below
~ Bullet The Blue Sky - U2

#456481 - 12/09/13 05:51 PM Re: An Intro and a call for Youngins (well 20 somethings) [Re: Anonymous]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
I was 25 when I first got onto this site, I'm 30 now. While I agree partly with tuckermd
, also being a surviver of female abuse relating to very sterriotyped men with old fashioned atitudes is hard, (heck it's no easier with women with such views), however I wouldn't relate this exclusively to age. I've met plenty of idiots and narrow minded people who were younger, and lots of open minded older people, ---- and when I say older I mean going right up to 70 plus!

For me at least, it's more an attitude thing than an age thing, and I will say a lot of the guys I've related to here have not had that attitude I find uncomfortable.

Then again, as my abuse was not perpetrated by older men, i can understand why people would have an issue. I have no trouble relating as friends to girls in their 20's, but teenaged girls are difficult.

#456508 - 12/10/13 05:09 AM Re: An Intro and a call for Youngins (well 20 somethings) [Re: Anonymous]
Sven Offline

I dont mind the age thing, i simply replied because SP asked for it
Into souls on the tree of pain
From the firefly a red orange glow
See the face of fear
Running scared in the valley below
~ Bullet The Blue Sky - U2

#456536 - 12/10/13 02:54 PM Re: An Intro and a call for Youngins (well 20 somethings) [Re: Anonymous]
takingitslow Offline

Loc: UK
I'm 25 years old been recovering from CSA for the last 22 months gets easier with time but still very stressful as I have a court case vs my perp pending in July 2014.

I'm not living at the moment, just existing but hoping that the work I put into my recovery now will help in later life.

Dan.

#456537 - 12/10/13 04:36 PM Re: An Intro and a call for Youngins (well 20 somethings) [Re: takingitslow]
thepatient Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: takingitslow
I'm 25 years old been recovering from CSA for the last 22 months gets easier with time but still very stressful as I have a court case vs my perp pending in July 2014.

I'm not living at the moment, just existing but hoping that the work I put into my recovery now will help in later life.

Dan.

I'm 26, and I'm only a few months into recovery. Give yourself some credit, twenty-two months is good! I can't imagine how much more stressful recovery must be with a looming court case. My participation here has been lacking lately, but you and any other guys in this thread can message me.
Shine until the two become one
Shine on upon the severed
Divided, I'm withering away
Shine on upon the many, light our way
Benevolent sun"

#456615 - 12/11/13 05:53 PM Re: An Intro and a call for Youngins (well 20 somethings) [Re: Anonymous]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

25, going on 26 soon.

#456620 - 12/11/13 07:38 PM Re: An Intro and a call for Youngins (well 20 somethings) [Re: Anonymous]
atari_kid86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
I joined Malesurvivor at age 24.I just turned 27.

It's crazy. This thread started just two short years after the worst years of my abuse. frown

#456625 - 12/11/13 08:44 PM Re: An Intro and a call for Youngins (well 20 somethings) [Re: Anonymous]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I am so happy you found MS while you were young. It gives hope that young CSA survivors will not have to hide and run from their past. Running and burying impacts our lives in so many negative ways. I have seen some young people here and at my support group meetings I am so happy to see the young men come forward--because I know facing the abuse will give them a fuller life--and I admit I am envious I was unable to have these opportunities but I am happy support is here for me today.

I hope other young CSA survivors will seek help and support--so they can have a fulfilling life full of everything they deserve.

I hope your life is moving forward and you are healing well.

Kevin

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.