Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
3 registered (OxfordArms, 1islandboy, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63562 Topics
444094 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#401400 - 06/23/12 04:53 AM Penn State wants to help victims!
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
a little bit late...

"The University has already established a confidential counseling process for victims of Mr. Sandusky’s conduct, and that process remains open. ...

Now that the jury has spoken, the University wants to continue that dialogue and do its part to help victims continue their path forward. To that end, the University plans to invite victims of Mr. Sandusky’s abuse to participate in a program to facilitate the resolution of claims against the University arising out of Mr. Sandusky's conduct.

The purpose of the program is simple – the University wants to provide a forum where the University can privately, expeditiously and fairly address the victims' concerns and compensate them for claims relating to the University."

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/penn_state_issues_statement_on.html
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#401406 - 06/23/12 06:14 AM Re: Penn State wants to help victims! [Re: traveler]
ShyBear Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The American South
What they really want to do is get the victims to settle privately, out of court, with no publicity, and agree to keep their mouths shut.

#401419 - 06/23/12 10:08 AM Re: Penn State wants to help victims! [Re: traveler]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I don't know. There is something to be said for allowing the victim to be compensated without being the center of attention for something they want to forget. If they ALLOW anonymity at the discretion of the survivor, then they are serious. We shall see how serious they are when the report comes out. Considering the different areas where smoke is seen, at least three top officials and Paterno were actively involved in suppressing allegations. The earliest I have heard so far is 1991. We all saw the history and have a pretty strong hunch that it goes back to the 1970s.

Consider, in the light of this, Sandusky was clearly Paterno's successor and suddenly retired before Paterno. PSU officials avoided directly answering why.

Consider the mysterious disappearance and destruction of the harddrive of the DA that declined to move forward on the 1998 incident.

What lead the janitor to conclude he had better not say anything about seeing Sandusky abusing a boy?

Consider the email among the brass after the McQuerry incident saying, "Oh man, he's done it again".

And yes Amendola, they are probably out for money, he should be stripped of every dime, and the enabler Dottie too. I feel no sympathy when they take her house, car and everything.

What will the NCAA do?
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#401615 - 06/24/12 10:05 PM * [Re: traveler]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 06:00 PM)

#402130 - 06/29/12 09:11 AM Re: Penn State wants to help victims! [Re: traveler]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Never mind PSU's ass, as long as somebody from outside oversees the "counseling" program to make sure the U doesn't bamboozle the victims into signing away any of their legal rights.

John, Esq.

"I am a lawyer, but I don't play one on the Web."

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.