Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
6 registered (Bluedogone, Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, Shockwave, Obi, kcinohio, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63211 Topics
441995 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#401075 - 06/20/12 06:31 PM Suggestions on E-books?
Wifeofwerguild Offline

My husband does not feel safe talking to other males due to his history or females due to where his mind goes. He did say that if I could find him an e-book that he would read it.
He was abused "in every way possible" by 2 step fathers. We now have two children and he is nervous around them due to his past.
Any e-books that may be helpful?
Thanks for any help!

#401088 - 06/20/12 09:28 PM Re: Suggestions on E-books? [Re: Wifeofwerguild]
Sunshine1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Hello,

Try "victims no longer" by Mike Lew...

#401094 - 06/20/12 10:17 PM Re: Suggestions on E-books? [Re: Wifeofwerguild]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

There is an autobiography by Chris Carlton (a member on this board) called Nice to Meet Me.

It's easy to read and understand, tells a personal journey of healing and still has some humor in it. It might be a good intro before he starts the healing process.

If you can, get him here with interesting threads that you point out to him. My husband comes here infrequently, but I can get him to look at specific threads that I think might apply, or I use it as a discussion to get his perspective on things.

#401098 - 06/20/12 11:29 PM Re: Suggestions on E-books? [Re: GoodHope]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Chris Carlton's book is highly recommended. Nice To Meet Me. It even takes you through the process of finding a therapist and knowing whether that therapist is the one for you. It is a book written from a survivor to other survivors. It is not a book written by a therapist. I enjoyed reading it because it is generally uplifting and not depressing, yet it is highly informative about the process of recovery. Yet it takes you through the struggles of a guy who is trying to deal with his childhood sexual abuse. And he has many struggles.

The book is available online (I think it's free) and it can be purchased from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Nice-Meet-Me-Chris-Carlton/dp/0578098407/

Here is the web site for Chris Carlton: Burying Jack

http://buryingjack.com/

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (06/20/12 11:36 PM)

#401135 - 06/21/12 09:36 AM Re: Suggestions on E-books? [Re: Wifeofwerguild]
patientlywaiting Offline

Loc: New York
GoodHope and pufferfish: thank you for that suggestion! This book was not on my radar yet. After reading the preview pages, this book seems like a good resource for both him and I as he starts on the path to recovery. I ordered it immediately!

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.