Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, sorryson), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63368 Topics
443104 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#400749 - 06/18/12 10:48 AM Flu Symptoms
ACRoberts Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey (recently moved fro...
All,
I have been following the Sandusky trial and had a long discussion with my wife's cousin over the weekend, who is an attorney. She has been following the case and has been a source of support in my recovery.
My question is that today I feel like I have the flu. Aches, feeling feverish and a slight uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. I am wondering if this is caused by the my reaction to the case and how I seem to be assigning all my anger toward my uncle (abuser) on Sandusky.
Is anyone else having physical symptons who is following the trial?
Many thanks!

#400851 - 06/19/12 08:19 AM Re: Flu Symptoms [Re: ACRoberts]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hello AC,

It most certainly can be that those symptoms are a psychosomatic response to the transfer of emotions and triggers while viewing an alleged abuser make his victims disclose in a very public setting. Feeling sick to the stomach and body aches can be an adrenal reaction to the stress your body may be feeling.

Here are some tips for those struggling with the news coverage of the Sandusky trial also Relaxation Video Part One covering calming breathing, stretching to relieve physical stress, and a visualization that can create soothing images in the consciousness.

These have helped me when I became emotionally overwhelmed, and I know they are successful when I am unable to cope. My best you you, fellow survivor,
Sam

#400865 - 06/19/12 11:18 AM Re: Flu Symptoms [Re: ACRoberts]
ACRoberts Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey (recently moved fro...
Sam,
Thanks! Good advice. I would probably suggest this for others, but when it comes to myself I forget to take care of myself. I fight to give up my "caretaker" role and apply that care to myself, but it is a constant struggle. Again, thanks!

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.