Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
6 registered (gettingstronger, JW1230, finallyhere, 3 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63575 Topics
444180 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#400656 - 06/17/12 02:43 AM Father's Day Salute to our "survivor-fathers"
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
A special wish today for our survivor fathers who strive to break the cycle of abuse in your family, who bring an end to the genetic madness and have introduced a healthy, safe, and inspiring environment in your home.

It is not an easy task but it is a most noble and honorable one.

Happy Father's Day, I salute you. cool

Edited by WriterKeith (06/17/12 11:52 AM)
Edit Reason: A more positive perspective on Father's Day

#400685 - 06/17/12 12:52 PM Re: Father's Day Salute to our "survivor-fathers" [Re: WriterKeith]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Me too.

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#400687 - 06/17/12 01:17 PM Re: Father's Day Salute to our "survivor-fathers" [Re: WriterKeith]
Gmone Offline

Loc: NC
Thanks, Keith, for posting this. I have been waiting all morning for it!

I wanted to myself, but was afraid it would be too "triggering" for some - isn't that a shame? In fact, I did post it in Off Topic forum where I thought it would be safe, but it may not show there till too late.

I am very proud to say I did break the cycle! I am a GOOD father! I have been told so by many people. I can say that with a clear conscience. Both of my daughters are successful college graduates and I was instrumental all along the entire way!

It's also the only good thing I can say about myself, but that doesn't belong here.

Here's to all us fathers. We need to pat each other on the back at least once a year!

Gary

#400692 - 06/17/12 04:19 PM Re: Father's Day Salute to our "survivor-fathers" [Re: WriterKeith]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Thanks, Keith, I salute all the fathers here, too, who have broken that cycle. I'm proud to say that I'm nothing like my father. smile

#400693 - 06/17/12 04:35 PM Re: Father's Day Salute to our "survivor-fathers" [Re: WriterKeith]
Tedure Offline

Loc: Utah
Thanks Keith,

It's such a great blessing to be a father. I also want to say thanks to my Heavenly Father, because with out Him I could not have made it.
Much love and respect to you all.
Ted

#400702 - 06/17/12 06:52 PM Re: Father's Day Salute to our "survivor-fathers" [Re: WriterKeith]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Yep, healing_inside, Gmone, EGL, Tedure, and all you guys who have broken the cycle, you deserve a special day.

My father was the predator-perpetrator so I understand why so many survivors get nauseous at Father's Day store displays, but then I realized that a perp father is not who this day is about. Even a gnat can reproduce.

Father's Day is in honor of fathers who take on all of the characteristics of an honorable man in the home. The thought that so many of you are breaking the cycle of abuse gives me cause to celebrate you.

#400811 - 06/18/12 11:14 PM Re: Father's Day Salute to our "survivor-fathers" [Re: WriterKeith]
Run4fun Offline

Loc: CA

Thanks, WriterKeith. I really appreciate your post.

I went through some tough times keeping it together and was depressed when my kids were younger (the age when I was abused), but as they have gotten older I have come to enjoy being a father. My father wasn't around when I was growing up, so for me Fathers' Day is about being good to my family and not so much about my own father. Again, thank you for the celebration.

#400818 - 06/19/12 12:07 AM Re: Father's Day Salute to our "survivor-fathers" [Re: WriterKeith]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, Keith. I wish I had the good sense to share what happened to me with my dad before he died. Secrets kept are regrets forever.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.