Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63776 Topics
445378 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#400710 - 06/17/12 09:41 PM Poor Jerry Sandusky
jls Offline

has a personality disorder, according to his lawyers -

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...ch-defense.html

And what does this have anything to do with the facts of the case? Seems to me its an attempt to distract from them.

#400746 - 06/18/12 10:08 AM Re: Poor Jerry Sandusky [Re: jls]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Isn't statutory rape a purely "conduct" crime, i.e., there's no intent or motive element? In Virginia (where the legal system is about as antiquated as Pennsylvania) rape (~sexual assault) is defined thus:

Va. Code Ann. s 18.2-61. Rape. "A. If any person has sexual intercourse with a complaining witness who is not his or her spouse or causes a complaining witness, whether or not his or her spouse, to engage in sexual intercourse with any other person and such act is accomplished (i) against the complaining witness's will, by force, threat or intimidation of or against the complaining witness or another person, or (ii) through the use of the complaining witness's mental incapacity or physical helplessness, or (iii) with a child under age thirteen as the victim, he or she shall be guilty of rape.

Nothing about "with the intent of" or "for the purpose of." So what's the point of the "histrionic personality" defense? Seems to me, the most it could do is explain Jerry's "creepy love letters" to one of the boys... while at the same time emphasizing the likelihood that Jerry did, or attempted to do, some of the "creepy" things he is charged with.

John

#400753 - 06/18/12 12:13 PM Re: Poor Jerry Sandusky [Re: jls]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
==trigger warning!==

From one of the defendant's "friends":

>>“Honestly, they have nothing on this guy [Sandusky] other than what was said by these people who were coached by their attorneys in an attempt to get at the coffers of Penn State,” he said. <<

They have nothing but 10 witnesses, a pile of "creepy love letters," a recording of Jerry asking a victim's mother for forgiveness, a secret file kept by PSU officials, a 1998 psychologist's report concluding he was a pedophile, a 1998 police report in which the officer warned Jerry not to shower with boys and reported Jerry promised not to, a mother's report that Jerry became irate when she told him her son didn't want to see him....

May justice be done!

John

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/18/32...p#storylink=cpy

#400835 - 06/19/12 01:24 AM Re: Poor Jerry Sandusky [Re: jls]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Guys,

By introducing the "Histrionic Personality Disorder," Sandusky's attorneys are trying to give an alternative "innocent" meaning to the letters.

Quote:

"Histrionic Personality Disorder" does NOT cause a person to do the things of which Sandusky is accused.

What a person with Histrionic Personality Disorder does do, is exaggerate the emotional responses to events in life and everyday interactions.

People with this personality disorder turn situations into being about them -- no one can speak of their experiences without the person with Histrionic Personality Disorder "one upping them," so they become the center of attention, the person who has worse experiences than any other and the person to whom everyone should be paying attention. In short, they are attention seeking.

They dramatize life. They have a need to constant reassurance and approval. The emotions the individual displays are viewed by others as superficial. The person with Histrionic Personality Disorder frequently romanticizes relationships which are not romantic.

You can find more information about Histrionic Personality Disorder here.

Personality disorders don't "cause" behavior, especially not sexual abuse. Personality disorders affect how a person filters information and interactions and affects their emotional response to those events.

The only thing Histrionic is Sandusky's attorneys thinking this "disorder" is a defense against what Sandusky did.

For the defense to want to use this diagnosis as an "explanation" for Sandusky's behavior tells me they are desperate - very desperate.

I copied that from my post here.

Regarding the ignorant things others are saying, it is best not to engage them in debate. Offer them objective information, but if they argue, do not engage them. It is best not to give them an audience for their ignorant and harmful statements.

Anomalous

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.