Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (learning2luvme, 2 invisible), 75 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62513 Topics
438099 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#400403 - 06/14/12 05:00 AM Sick World ****TRIGGERS****
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
The news broke this morning, what a way to start the day.
A video doing the rounds in South Africa, A Boy Approximately 4 years old, and a girl aprox. 10 years old videoed performing sexual acts together.

Now given the history of South Africa, the children just happen to be from a poor background, and really the poor just seem to be disposable, people really just don't care.
If the children where from a wealthier background, well then chances are that there would be more of an outcry.

Sad but all I see is men and women that are damaged for the rest of their lives.

How do we change this? How do the survivors that are finally facing their lives and the reality of what has happened to them, start to impact on the world and raise awareness of the scourge of CSA in the world today.

Do we need to start to rally the controllers of the internet to start a .XXX or .SEX sites where all content of a sexual nature are to be posted.
Do we all need to start standing up, joining hands with our female survivors and showing the world that this sick junk is happening and that it needs to be dealt with severely.
In many countries more energy and effort is put into preventing kids from praying at schools than effort to educate them about the abuses that could potentially be perpetrated on them.
We would rather that they don't pray, but getting raped and abused is kind of OK.

Our Priorities are really skewed, do we really care for the children or is it all just lip service.
We survivors know what it is like, we know the pain that these children will have to endure in later life. We know that some of them will turn out to be rage filled homophobes, we know that most of them will be alcoholics, many will be drug addicts.

WHAT CAN WE SURVIVORS DO?
I know I've have started a group, but still this feels like it is not enough, the damage is already done. I no WE must be able to do more, QUESTION IS, what is the MORE?

Collectively, we survivors can come up with a plan, a worldwide movement, a worldwide action that will be so wow nobody can overlook it.
Together we can conquer the world. Are these the ramblings of a crazy man? perhaps, but evil thrives where good men choose to nothing, we are good men, lets not let evil thrive

Heal well all
Martin

#400417 - 06/14/12 11:37 AM Re: Sick World ****TRIGGERS**** [Re: whome]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Martin,

I 100000% agree with you.

I've seen glimpses of the power we have as survivors. Together, we CAN transform the world. We have the insights, tenacity, and courage to do it. But we'd need to band together with unity of purpose.

I'm grappling still with a couple of personal issues but I KNOW when I am finally free of these issues, that I will do something to raise awareness in the world. Most likely, I will be making a film. I'm not sure how that will play itself out.

I had a conversation (I think it was with Mountainous Buck?) about a year ago - there is tremendous desire among many of us, I suspect, to change the planet with our collective voices. Myself included.

D

-- I must remind myself that sugar is my enemy. I can't control my sugar consumption and sugar makes me mentally unstable. I'm reminding myself (because I forgot again).

#400428 - 06/14/12 02:56 PM Re: Sick World ****TRIGGERS**** [Re: Magellan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA

Edited by pufferfish (06/14/12 04:30 PM)

#400429 - 06/14/12 03:35 PM Re: Sick World ****TRIGGERS**** [Re: whome]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Martin that is really terrifying news frown
Must say that I'm thinking a lot how to do something to prevent such things happening. And that is more than difficult. In some cases there will never be enough restrictions and laws to prevent some abuse. To me it is a little bit part of culture, for example in some cultures children are seen like plain objects and it is impossible to prevent lack of love and warmth given to them. And that is very appropriate surroundings for some potential abuse.
Even in my "warm" culture/country here there are some cultures that regularly exploit children and it is terrible for me to see stuff like that even I don't speak about sexual exploitation here but rather about kids left to streets and some hard conditions frown . Only thing that I can do is to by some food, sandwich or whatsoever to them or to make some short talk and try to bring some smile to their faces. I can't find way to explain them what is happening, how difficult reality is for them and that is possible to have some better future. I think that in some cases only taking children away would be appropriate measure frown
I don't think that wealth have anything to do with it, even in wealthy families there are a lot of very bad and abusive behavior toward children and there are also opposite examples as well.
I think that in such environment there will never be enough restrictive measures to prevent abuse.
In sporadic cases some awareness rising and survivor's actions would do some improvement but in cultures where there are systematic failures till parents learn way to give more love to children it will be impossible to make some big change.
For me the real question is how we can make some culture more touching, warm, emphatic and human? Those are qualities that could bring some balance and more natural feelings into society making it better/safer in long run rather that some restrictive laws...
I guess that by teaching our children (if we have some) about those things/feelings and sharing it to our friends/family members is the only way. But even there I've found some traps; we all are in some way prisoners of our cultures and we can't escape it even we would like to do that. So actually some change that needs to happen has to start in our own hearts and now not in some future. In any case it will be very long way. Sorry if I runaway into some philosophical thinking; maybe I went completely into wrong view but this theme is bothering me a lot for long time...

#400432 - 06/14/12 04:14 PM Re: Sick World ****TRIGGERS**** [Re: whome]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

HI Maggelan.
Yep, I think we need to put our heads together. I think an international effort, something big, worldwide. We need to perhaps approach the WHO and see what we can do from that side.
That does not put of the individual doing his own thing.
And puffer.
I have searched for one of my offenders and there is no record of him beside a fine in 1989 for practising as a homoeopath without a licence? Nothing about the perverted sicko he was probably still is.
My wife says that I should take him to court and sue him, option? I am so sorry for the pain that you endured. But lets put our collective heads together.

Pero.
Yeah I did not think of the cultural difference, but surely there needs to be a way to deal with this on an international basis.
I am getting to old to wait generations LOL

Heal well guys
Martin

#400453 - 06/14/12 08:33 PM . [Re: peroperic2009]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 10:17 PM)

#400576 - 06/16/12 05:45 AM Re: Sick World ****TRIGGERS**** [Re: whome]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Lad

Sorry that you have closed the door on humanity.
I was pleasantly surprised when I started trusting a little. The first person I told about my SA received the news with such empathy and love that I was astounded. I started to cry. Now my friends know and they accept that I have bad days sometimes.

I know it is tough but you cant hide in the closet for the rest of your life.
For me it is a good measure of a person. If I tell them about my past and they run, they are either hurting themselves or stupid, one of the two.
Those that stay are either there to help you or get help for themselves.
Humanity is not at fault here, just a few sick perverted people.

Heal well
Martin

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.