Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
6 registered (woodenshoes, don64, pluckmemory, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446659 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#401495 - 06/24/12 02:01 AM * [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 06:01 PM)

#401525 - 06/24/12 10:31 AM Re: Sandusky Trial Coverage 1 [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
theredhairedcrow Offline

Loc: Germany
I actually don't follow many such trials, and didn't think one either although I had read many articles, etc. pre-trial phase. I don't follow trials right now because I am too easily triggered, and damn but I made a mistake with this one.

I usually read news through UK sources or Germany, as I am in Germany, and one day I decided to access a US based site as I saw a headlight about the Sandusky trials. My mistake so totally, but decided to read the article...or try to, and got about half way when the graphic nature of the reporting sent me back to my abused days. It took me over a week to be "normal" again, and I'm just coming out of it. That's partially why I've been off the boards for so long. Had some hard times lately.

My point in stating this in agreement with some comments here, was that the reporting often had the testimony sensationalized just for what seemed the titillation of the crowds. Sure, the graphic nature of it would perhaps (or should) have a way to truly disgust readers into the enormity of the crimes Sandusky committed, but to me it seemed to somehow cause those for whom it was beyond agony to have to speak of such things in front of dozens of people, into just caricatures.

Sure, you can think of the scene, the act, the pain, the blood or whatever, but what just putting up a couple of lines like that doesn't show is how it has affected the person afterwards. How it touches everything for them. Its a trial about Sandusky, but for these ones, they will always be in trial in some ways for the rest of their lives, whether its answering questions in themselves or what others may challenge them about.

My small portion of a rant, but it is really a personal problem I have with reactions. Before in the pre-trial stages, I came across articles, comments and reminiscenes even on sports pages about how Sandusky had helped the college community, and thought they hated what happened, the people of the town just hoped it would all be over soon so they could get back to their lives....See where I'm going with this?

I was outraged and posted a number of replies to such ones totally incredulous at their self-centred view: so "the community" could get on with it, get on with their lives. They didn't even have a word of sympathy for the victims or what they had happen and will continue to have to live with every day of their lives. Other who view trials like this lament the wrongs of the world, and too often put it down to a few "bad apples" when the practice is rampant even additionally because of those who look the other way, like the guy who saw some of the acts and heard complaints but didn't contact police. The victims, no survivors, get dismissed.

I went on ranting again. It just really tees me off, and it makes me helpless sometimes which later leads to feels of isolation. I, like many, have to overcome that. Thanks for giving us a place where we can voice such thoughts. Thanks...

Edited by theredhairedcrow (06/24/12 10:36 AM)

My website, Songs of the Universal Vagabond, http://redhaircrow.com/

My story on MS forums: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=390668#Post390668

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.