Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (wiresguy1, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441967 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#400232 - 06/12/12 01:28 PM Thank you Penn State Survivors
Gretta Offline

I want to thank the survivors who are putting themselves through hell to testify against Jerry Sandusky. I can't imagine what hell it is to have to tell the story and then defend yourself.

There are always the doubters but you are doing a fantastic job (from what I can see on TV) and I am just amazed at your breath taking bravery.

#400242 - 06/12/12 03:44 PM Re: Thank you Penn State Survivors [Re: Gretta]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Gretta.

I will second this. I am not there to witness what is going on, and this trial barley even got a mention here in South Africa, But I can imagine the bravery of these young men.

I wish I were able to show them support by standing in front of the court house every day till the trial is over, and show them and the world that this is not an isolated incident.

In South Africa, we had a situation where there where very high numbers of people murdered, and someone came up with the idea that we should go to a major park and plant a white cross for every person murdered in the country in the past year. Seeing the thousands of crosses on that lawn brought home the magnitude of the problem.
Perhaps a every survivor on MS can buy a cross and have that cross planted in front of the courthouse. This will bring home the mammoth impact of SA on the men of your nation. Imagine 10063 white crosses planted on the lawn of the courthouse.

Heal well all
Martin

#400243 - 06/12/12 03:48 PM Re: Thank you Penn State Survivors [Re: Gretta]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I too second this--it is great to see the courage of these young men--facing the bastard who is in denial of the abuse and pain he inflicted on these boys. They are doing an amazing job under the scrutiny of the defense team. Hopefully, America and all those who deny CSA and its effects on victims will wake up and stop being so closed minded. The victims need everyone's support. If you want to ridicule them--best you say nothing and slither under your rock.

#400248 - 06/12/12 04:41 PM Re: Thank you Penn State Survivors [Re: Gretta]
lucylives Offline

They are amazingly strong and brave. I am in awe of their courage. I think they have started the path to healing by coming forward. They are an inspiration and have opened many people's eyes to the abuse men have endured and the affects that it has had on them.

Maybe triggering........

One survivor told how Sandusky was a father figure in public to him but in private treated him like he was his girlfriend. One can only imagine what this does to the psyche of a man. It gives me huge compassion for my husband and other survivors.

#400535 - 06/15/12 07:38 PM Re: Thank you Penn State Survivors [Re: Gretta]
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I've listened to the court-side reporting each day this week, and am moved to tears for these brave survivors! What a freaking HELL they've lived!

I especially relate to them because my own survivor/husband was abused by a man who, like Sandusky, was a "rock star" in his field. I completely "get" how a victim would be blindsided by the persona. But, I'm livid at those who turned their backs while boys were abused.

As hard as it is to fathom, humankind has been guilty of looking the other way throughout history. How many people justified the Nazis by buying into the hate?

As a society, I hope the Sandusky case will help us all be a lot more realistic in our views of other mere mortals. If we brush the star dust from our eyes long enough to get a good look at the people around us and those we love, perhaps we can be a hero for the innocent and vulnerable?

A lesson:
Hollywood is filled with mortals.
The Vatican is filled with mortals.
Washington is filled with mortals.
Sport teams are filled with mortals.
Colleges and Universities are filled with mortals.
...and mortals can be demons even if they look like angels... frown

Penn State Survivors: You are loved here! We care for you and support you!

Blessings-
herowannabe

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

#400543 - 06/15/12 09:43 PM Re: Thank you Penn State Survivors [Re: Gretta]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi,

If you would like to pass your messages of support, courage, etc. directly to the victims who are testifying in this trial, you may send them here

I am sure these brave young men would love to hear your words of support and encouragement.

Anomalous

Edited by Anomalous (06/15/12 09:45 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.