Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 74 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62528 Topics
438168 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#400491 - 06/15/12 09:18 AM Sandusky Jury Observation
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
I just read this in an article on the Sandusky case, and it's very heartening, encouraging, appropriate:

"The impact of hearing so much highly charged, sexually oriented testimony in such a short time seems to have grabbed this jury by the throat. Normally, a jury group relaxes with each other after a couple of days. There are smiles, idle chit chat, and small courtesies evident as they enter and depart the courtroom. But these 12 jurors and four alternates appear different—engaged in the process to be sure, but decidedly solemn in their duty. There are no smiles, and they rarely take their eyes off the witness box to look over at the defendant."

It's in an article by a Diane Dimond. I don't recommend reading the article. She was writing about Thursday, Day 4.

#400492 - 06/15/12 09:51 AM Re: Sandusky Jury Observation [Re: Disappointed]
mike13 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California USA
Maybe there is hope justice will be served

#400506 - 06/15/12 01:27 PM Re: Sandusky Jury Observation [Re: Disappointed]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
At this point I can't imagine what the defense can do to save their client--discredit all 8 complaining witnesses? And showing Jerry is a "nice guy" isn't relevant to child-sex charges.

John

#400538 - 06/15/12 08:21 PM Re: Sandusky Jury Observation [Re: Disappointed]
Disappointed Offline

From what I've read, they're planning on putting up a psychologist or psychiatrist to say Sandusky has a "histrionic personality" "disorder" that causes him to crave attention and thus his soliticious behavior with the boys - the tickets, the gear, et cetera.

I think this is going to fail, big time. His goose is cooked. He doesn't seem aware of this, because he arrives each morning smiling. I watch the vids on one of the local pages. Pennlive.com or something.

#400634 - 06/16/12 11:14 PM Re: Sandusky Jury Observation [Re: Disappointed]
unhappycamper Offline

As I recall, the "histrionic personality" excuse wasn't mentioned in the news stories until after the "love" letters showed up. I don't see how this defense can do anything but backfire, big time: bring in an expert psychologist to harp about your client's weird compulsions, and the jurors will conclude... what?

John

#400689 - 06/17/12 02:25 PM Re: Sandusky Jury Observation [Re: Disappointed]
Disappointed Offline

LOLOLO

Well, if you heard the Sandusky interviews he gave to Costas and whomever, he is definitely optimistic about the impression he gives to people. (:^O)

#400695 - 06/17/12 04:58 PM Re: Sandusky Jury Observation [Re: Disappointed]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Histrionic personality???? eek

It looks like he has a sociopathic personality with a lot of hysterical and narcissistic elements.

Puffer

#400696 - 06/17/12 05:09 PM Re: Sandusky Jury Observation [Re: Disappointed]
unhappycamper Offline

And he has a lawyer spouting a lot of double-edged remarks:

>> "Jerry, in my opinion, loves kids so much that he does things none of us would ever do," Amendola said at the start of trial. << [centredaily.com]

John

#400715 - 06/17/12 10:04 PM Re: Sandusky Jury Observation [Re: Disappointed]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
that sounds strangely like some of the remarks made by Michael Jackson's defense! i doubt they want to be associated with that case...
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.