Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (cant_remember, freeze-on, Bardo, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444543 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#400107 - 06/11/12 09:41 AM Help on finding resources?
lovehim202 Offline

I was wondering if anyone could help me on finding reputable and academic resources on pre-adolescent sex offenders? 

My husband was sexually abused by his older brother. This brother always says that he inflicted such atrocities on my husband 'because their other older brother did the same thing to him'. 

In my head I always just thought he might just be saying that because otherwise he wouldn't be able to cope with the things he's done to my husband. But recently I've been thinking about their ages, and the ages they were when the abuse took place.

My husbands perp was young when he started abusing my husband. Too young to be sexually active. One study I found concerning pre-adolescent offenders asserts that 'extreme and persistent sexualising and molesting behaviors do not emerge in a vacuum'. This sentence struck me. I'm now wondering what is the likelihood of the oldest brother molesting the middle brother, who then molested my husband..? 

Even if that is the case, the eldest isn't much older than the middle brother. I can't seem to work out how such young children managed to learn such sadistic acts? All I can think of is that they must of learnt this from an adult? Any info would be great.

#400109 - 06/11/12 10:02 AM Re: Help on finding resources? [Re: lovehim202]
colours Offline

Loc: Australia
have been researching this one a lot my self, try googling child on child sexual abuse and also child sexual development
also i had a lot of help from my therapist on providing insight on the issue of children abusing other children. its true children do learn it from somewhere, there could be many children linked in the chain to your husbands abuse or there may only be a few.

I find it hard to call it abuse, because to me abuse implies intent, abuse of power, trust etc. i was approx 5 when it happened to me by a little girl who was about the same age as me.

later down the track her sister also showed signs of sexual knowledge beyond her years with my sister. while i am angry that my sexual development was impaired, i dont think that at the age of around 5 my friend had any concept of what she was doing. its true abuse such as this does feel physically good, she probably thought she was doing something nice for me. problem is that my sexual development was sped up while my emotional development was left behind. i did not have the capacity to understand what was happening i really wouldnt even have probably been articulate what was happening to me to my parents anyway because i hadnt developed a vocab at that age that would have told them anything was outside of the normal course of sexual development in children.

wikipedia has some information and a lot of references at the bottom that provide more resources, and there is a dissertation somewhere on the internet that provides some insight also. A qualified psychologist experienced in either csa or child sexual development will be a tremendous resource also not just for your husband and his brother but for you also.

hope this helps, im no expert im still learning myself so if you find anything you think may help me please post so i can learn to.

#400110 - 06/11/12 10:05 AM Re: Help on finding resources? [Re: lovehim202]
colours Offline

i should clarify, i find it hard to term what happened to me as abuse, not all cases of child on child sa fit into my category though, and my perceptions may differ to others. i clairfy because when i reread this statement i realised that it could offend some if they thought i was describing all cases of child on child sa instead of just describing my experience

#400129 - 06/11/12 01:58 PM Re: Help on finding resources? [Re: lovehim202]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Psychologist Toni Cavnaugh-Johnson is probably the most experienced clinician and researcher for pre-pubescent children acting out on younger kids. The term "abuse-reactive" is another term you can google. CALCASA may be a useful place to search as well.

#400193 - 06/12/12 02:45 AM Re: Help on finding resources? [Re: lovehim202]
colours Offline

Thanks Ken, i'll look it all up, invaluable!

#400471 - 06/15/12 12:45 AM Re: Help on finding resources? [Re: lovehim202]
lovehim202 Offline

Thank Everyone.. This has been a fantastic start.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.