Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jay1946, Obi), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444049 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#400396 - 06/14/12 02:18 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Catfish,

Long time, no see!!

I am glad you brought up that email. When I heard about that today it made me even more angry. As did the reply that McQueary received when he reported what he had seen in the shower ....

Quote:
I have heard rumblings about Sandusky before this...

Penn State chose to cover this up rather than take action for one reason and one reason only - the millions of dollars the football program brings into the Penn State coffers annually.

Penn State, plus several of the individuals involved in this cover-up, which no one yet knows how far it goes since the emails have been redacted, should be charged with some kind of enterprise corruption in addition to the cover-ups. Ok, I admit it, I watch a lot of Law & Order as well as In Session.

But the university and others did collude to keep this from being reported. The campus security report from 1998 shows that Sandusky was told, by the head of security at the time, I believe, to "stop taking showers with young boys." Sandusky "agreed," and the file was CLOSED.

Had Penn State reported Sandusky to the police in 1998 there wouldn't be as many victims that can call Sandusky their perpetrator.

As sick as all of this is - as enraging as Sandusky's behavior is, I can't stop thinking about the price tag that Penn State put on those boys.

Though the circumstances at a place I used to work were different (no sexual abuse), there were policies that were not implemented for no other reason that "inconvenience." When I was frantically trying to resolve a problem because a kids life hung in the balance, one of my superiors told me "don't worry about it. They'll sue and the attorneys will handle it."

In disgust, I asked "how much is a human life worth?"

It very much feels that Penn State took the same attitude. Cover it up and hopefully no one will ever figure it out. But if they do, they'll just battle the law suits. And if they happen to lose a civil suit or two, it wouldn't come anywhere near as much as they would have lost if the football program was compromised.

I suppose in the not too distant future, Penn State will find out how much the innocence of those boys cost afterall.

Anomalous

#400397 - 06/14/12 02:19 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Catfish,

Long time, no see!!

I am glad you brought up that email. When I heard about that today it made me even more angry. As did the reply that McQueary received when he reported what he had seen in the shower ....

Quote:
I have heard rumblings about Sandusky before this...

Penn State chose to cover this up rather than take action for one reason and one reason only - the millions of dollars the football program brings into the Penn State coffers annually.

Penn State, plus several of the individuals involved in this cover-up, which no one yet knows how far it goes since the emails have been redacted, should be charged with some kind of enterprise corruption in addition to the cover-ups. Ok, I admit it, I watch a lot of Law & Order as well as In Session.

But the university and others did collude to keep this from being reported. The campus security report from 1998 shows that Sandusky was told, by the head of security at the time, I believe, to "stop taking showers with young boys." Sandusky "agreed," and the file was CLOSED.

Had Penn State reported Sandusky to the police in 1998 there wouldn't be as many victims that can call Sandusky their perpetrator.

As sick as all of this is - as enraging as Sandusky's behavior is, I can't stop thinking about the price tag that Penn State put on those boys.

Though the circumstances at a place I used to work were different (no sexual abuse), there were policies that were not implemented for no other reason that "inconvenience." When I was frantically trying to resolve a problem because a kids life hung in the balance, one of my superiors told me "don't worry about it. They'll sue and the attorneys will handle it."

In disgust, I asked "how much is a human life worth?"

It very much feels that Penn State took the same attitude. Cover it up and hopefully no one will ever figure it out. But if they do, they'll just battle the law suits. And if they happen to lose a civil suit or two, it wouldn't come anywhere near as much as they would have lost if the football program was compromised.

I suppose in the not too distant future, Penn State will find out how much the innocence of those boys cost afterall.

Anomalous

#400400 - 06/14/12 03:37 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I believe that the evedence so far has shown that Mr Sandusky has been molesting Young Boys for an extended pierod of time and people knew that this was happening. The people that helped cover this up are guilty of obstruction of justice .
I am a former Pensylvanian That was a fan of Penn State Football. I believe that this cost joe Paterno his life.
Because he could not live with the shame that this has brought on the school .
I hope that MR Sandusky is found Guilty . And sent to The worst prison in the State of PA. And realeased into the general population of the prison. Because He will have to be kept in isolation . Or someone will kill him. Pedofiles do not do well in prison .

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#400422 - 06/14/12 12:57 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

I watch this unfold and the overwhelming feeling I have is - surprisingly enough - envy. I wish I had the opportunity to be taken seriously by others, to testify, to have the incredible opportunity that these young men do now - as tough as it is - to define a closure to that part of their lives. I was terrified I might have to when it happened to me. I thought it was a gift when the adults decided not to take it to the police and to the courts. Be careful what you wish for, I suppose. I would have been so much better off if I had been put on the stand to testify against the guy who molested me and all the little girls in the neighborhood. Instead, it was decided I should just deal with it quietly - by myself. That is exactly what some of these kids were doing when their hand was forced to testify.

At least these men will not live with secrets. At least they won't have this crap stuffed into the darkest recesses for no one else to know - dealing with it all alone as if they knew how.

I won't exclaim or shout out what I think Jerry Sandusky deserves. I have always felt the ultimate justice for Sandusky should be determined not by the judge, not by popular angry sentiment, but by the victims. They alone should have the right to determine Sandusky's fate - no matter how lenient or harsh - just as he has done with them. It would be the ultimate empowerment for these young men.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#400441 - 06/14/12 05:52 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Eric, I feel the same as you. When Victim 1 said he felt guilty about not saying anything because of all the ones after who suffered, I felt a gut wrench. My perp died unpunished. I was asked in therapy on a couple of occasions whether my uncle had done anything and I honestly couldn't remember it. I really couldn't. I am happy they got their chance. The real shame should be on the kids who bullied Victim 1 out of his school. If these boys were really out for money they would keep their mouths shut and continue to accept gifts from Sandusky.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#400483 - 06/15/12 04:26 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: Chase Eric]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Originally Posted By: Chase Eric
I watch this unfold and the overwhelming feeling I have is - surprisingly enough - envy. I wish I had the opportunity to be taken seriously by others, to testify, to have the incredible opportunity that these young men do now - as tough as it is - to define a closure to that part of their lives. I was terrified I might have to when it happened to me. I thought it was a gift when the adults decided not to take it to the police and to the courts. Be careful what you wish for, I suppose. I would have been so much better off if I had been put on the stand to testify against the guy who molested me and all the little girls in the neighborhood. Instead, it was decided I should just deal with it quietly - by myself. That is exactly what some of these kids were doing when their hand was forced to testify.

At least these men will not live with secrets. At least they won't have this crap stuffed into the darkest recesses for no one else to know - dealing with it all alone as if they knew how.

I know what you mean, Eric! i have felt the same way...

and then i read this account:

***A third accuser, known as Victim 3, was an Army National Guard sergeant who testified Thursday that despite being fondled by Sandusky, he had viewed him as a father figure and was crushed when he was sent to a group home and Sandusky never contacted him again.

"I would pray he would call me and maybe find a way to get me out of there," he said, "but it never happened."

He testified that he felt uncomfortable when Sandusky touched his genitals in bed, and that he would roll over to prevent anything else from happening, but that he didn't tell Sandusky not to get into bed with him.

"He made me feel like I was a part of something, like a family," the man said. "He gave me things that I hadn't had before." He said that he loved Sandusky, and that Sandusky treated him like he was part of an extended family and feel "unconditionally loved."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/14/acc...s#ixzz1xqdiAweL ***

...and crazy as it may seem, i envied his feeling of being loved and part of a family. for me there was never even the pretense of love or even affection involved. i had a "family" - of sorts - but never felt a part of it or felt loved by any father figure. how warped do you have to be to feel envy for such a situation?

lee

Edited by traveler (06/15/12 09:56 AM)
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#400527 - 06/15/12 05:02 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Guys,

In case you missed it, Chris Anderson, Executive Director of MS, was on In Session today speaking with Ryan Smith, attorney and commentator.

Mr. Anderson, despite the very short period of time he was given to speak, made the points of how very courageous and laudable these young men are for coming forth and testify. He also spoke about the stigma of sexual abuse and he dispelled the myth that those who are sexually abused "immediately go home and tell someone." Nothing is further from the truth.

I was happy to have been able to see Mr. Anderson's appearance on In Session. I only wish they had given him much more time to discuss the much malined and misunderstood topic of sexual abuse, regardless of who the victims are.

On another note, this afternoon the judge decided to allow testimony regarding Sandusky's diagnosis of Histrionic Personality Disorder, with a caveat.

Mr. Sandusky MUST be examined by the Commonweath of Pennsylvania's mental health professional(s). If he refuses to do this, his attorneys may not mention that diagnosis in their effort to have the "love letters" seen in a less damaging light.

Of course, any mental health professional the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania puts on the stand is going to refute the diagnosis and/ or refute it makes the letters "innocent."

Sandusky has, I believe, until Sunday night to be evaluated. This will give the attorneys on both sides time to evaluate the report(s) before court resumes on Monday.

Anomalous

#400528 - 06/15/12 05:06 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York
Thanks Anomalous,

For what it's worth, I'm slated to be on truTV again this Tuesday afternoon. I'll be back in Bellefonte attending the trial and will post information about when I'll be on later when details are finalized.

In the meantime, I hope everyone will spend some time this weekend practicing self-care. It's very important that we don't allow this trial to overwhelm us. Check out the tips we posted at the top of every forum for further information on this.

Best,
Chris

#400530 - 06/15/12 05:44 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
So far I have not seen any atempt of the Defence team to say that Mr.Sandusky . Is not Guilty of being a Sexual Preditor . They are tring to say that He has a persononalty disorder. That still does not make the damage that has meen done to thease Men any less damageing .
It is aperent that he is a Pedofile . and should be treated as such.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.