Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (Shyshark), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63164 Topics
441711 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#400253 - 06/12/12 05:29 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I am afraid that this will be influnced. By the fact that this POS. Has a lot of money behind him.To spend on crooked lawers . It seems to me that The scales of justice . Can be tilted by money . There are several cases where The rich get away with crimes. Because they are able to buy there way out of there crimes.
Penn State University would like this whole thing to go away. Because it has tarnished the schools image .
Dont be suprised when he gets away with this . Or just gets a slap on the wrist.
I prey that the courts will see that This has been going on for a long time. And send to prison for a long time.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#400257 - 06/12/12 07:12 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
peculiarstar Offline

Loc: Stuart, Florida USA
I hope then you should be pleased by victim #4's testimony. His frankness made the hurt boy inside me cheer. He expressed everything I wished I could say in the most straight forward manner possible. Peace

#400258 - 06/12/12 07:17 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
peculiarstar Offline

Loc: Stuart, Florida USA
Absolutely - hero is the word.

#400263 - 06/12/12 08:41 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
The courageousness of the survivors that are now testifying is a testament to all who have ever gone through sexual abuse and came out the other side. Today, they are speaking loud and clear and hitting the defense attorney upside the head with a 2 x 4, and handing him his head on a platter. Excellent work.

#400266 - 06/12/12 08:53 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Run4fun Offline

Loc: CA

I find myself getting really angry at the defense lawyer. I know everyone is entitled to a defense and people with resources lawyer-up to defend themselves in all types of cases, but there is something really indecent about this process -- the cross examinations to discredit the witnesses. Like these victims are all going to get up there to make up stories about abuse. Sandusky is a monster. And his lawyer is a real sleaze.

#400304 - 06/13/12 02:53 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
This trial just reinforces the reputation of a lot of the lawyers in the world not only the States.
Lower than Shark Sh@t

#400347 - 06/13/12 02:41 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Guys,

Please do not flame me for what I am going to say -- I despise the tactics of Sandusky's attorneys as much as everyone else. But our system of justice does provide for a vigorous defense.

This is NOT saying that I agree with the BS being spewed by Mr. Amendola and the other attorneys on the defense team. Every chance they get they are trying to use the "delayed" reporting of the abuse, the "newly recovered" memories never told to anyone other than the D.A., and the fact that some of the victims knew each other as "proof" that the abuses didn't take place and it was only after the first victim came forward that the others who merely knew Sandusky, figured they could line their pockets with Penn State money.

One thing Mr. Amendola seems to be glossing over is that Penn State is not sitting at the defense table - Jerry Sandusky is.

I strenuously object to referring to Sandusky as "coach." That keeps Sandusky on the elevated platform of respect he once held. He does not deserve that respect or his former title.

Several of the victims know each other becuase they were being abused simultaneously. There was a photograph shown in court today in which the victim on the stand identified three of the other victims in that photograph.

But knowing each other is NOT the same as having colluded with each other, as the defense is trying to imply.

How I want to give Mr. Amendola and the rest of the defense team a piece of my mind!!

I was searching for Mr. Amendola's contact information when I ran across something that sidetracked me.

On second thought, perhaps calling Mr. Amendola lower than shark **** is right -- or perhaps too good.....

Quote:
Sandusky is not the only member of the Penn State football community who was represented by Amendola after being accused of a sexual crime.

Quote:
Amendola also represented Nittany Lions tailback Austin Scott after another student accused Scott of rape in 2007. Centre County prosecutors dropped the case on the eve of trial in 2008 when a judge said the jury could be told that the alleged victim had accused another man of a similar crime four years earlier. The man in the earlier case was acquitted.

On a personal note, Mr. Amendola has his own issues. The rest of that article can be found here.

(Sorry for the disjointed thoughts -- I keep being interrupted.)

Right now there is a gentleman speaking to Ryan Smith, an attorney and commentator on In Session. He is explaing the web, the grooming process, that trapped him as well as Sandusky's victims. He is speaking at length about sexual abuse, sexual abusers, and about how Sandusky could have, and should have been stopped years ago. He also stated that Sandusky started the Second Mile charity to have access to countless victims.

Since it is the lunchbreak for court, In Session is having a lot guests speaking about sexual abuse, either from their own experiences, sexual abuse/ assault in general, or who are discussing the actions of Sandusky, other coaches in their lives, Penn State, etc.

I wish they would announce this website daily, and frequently. Many who need to be here might not have seen yesterday's coverage and may have missed the information.

Anomalous

Edited by Anomalous (06/13/12 02:57 PM)
Edit Reason: Name correction

#400363 - 06/13/12 06:53 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I will say this, the defense has so far shown nothing to bring any reasonable doubt as to what is being presented. You have different victims describing similar behavior with corroborating witnesses and exhibits, including the "contract" and "creepy love letters". Remember that Penn State did nothing, eventually a social worker believed a victim. Then now Governor Corbit had someone put all the pieces together. It was obvious for at least two years to everyone involved where this was going. They continued to do nothing. The news broke, the pres and vp were charged criminally along with Sandusky. The board of Penn State did nothing until Governor Corbit and his cabinet showed up for the figure-head board positions to vote and brow beat the board into finally doing the right thing and sacking Paterno, the VP and Pres Spanier. This jury is being hand fed what is really a very thorough, consistent mountain of evidence. I think back to the county prosecutor who did nothing, then mysteriously disappeared. I think back to the janitor that knew he would be fired if he said anything. When the prosecution is laying out its case, I am even more convinced that Paterno deserved to be fired and the pres and VP should spend some real time in PRISON. The Penn State football program needs to be shut down for at least a year. This permeated the entire program for decades.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#400367 - 06/13/12 08:16 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Run4fun Offline

Loc: CA

The trial has shed a lot of light on the cover-up at Penn State. Apparently there was a file on Sandusky and an email in which the former president talked about not reporting Sandusky. At the time of the firings I thought that the president and Paterno got it because this had occurred on their watch. Now it becomes clear that there was widespread institutional collusion. This combined with the article in last Sunday's New York Times about the Horace Mann School shows how some institutions sanction abuse of children (nothing new). They should be liable -- and I do hope people sue Penn State and the Horace Mann school or perhaps they have already done so. Perhaps a few successful lawsuits will prompt institutions to put in place mechanisms that prevent these types of things.

The irony is that the defense is trying to discredit victims for possibly preparing to file civil suits for the abuse. I think suing Penn State for damages is the most responsible thing that those victims can do so as to prompt changes at the institutional level.

#400382 - 06/13/12 10:28 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
**triggers**

I hope somebody hangs Sandusky from a f*cking yardarm. The sad thing is there are lots of low life pieces of shit like him still out there doing it everyday and thinking it's a-okay. One thing is for sure--his wife knew what was going on upstairs and in the basement. Mike McQueary, Paterno and Sandusky's wife is a prime example why it goes on. Paterno knew in 1996! He was on a national speaking tour, stopped it when pedo was fired for 2 weeks then resumed the tour. Others, that live there, said Sandusky was also pimping kids to big donors to Penn State. I bet there is a lot in this cover-up we'll never know. frown Every time I see the name "Penn" I think child rape. First thing I think about. Sad.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.