Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, HD001, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63410 Topics
443335 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#400167 - 06/11/12 09:26 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
The Associated Press is also not disclosing the accusers names referring to todays witness as "Victim 4" saying "The Associated Press typically doesnt identify people who say they are victims of sex crimes".

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#400207 - 06/12/12 06:31 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Would it not be great if we could get 200 or so victims to picket outside he court house, If I were in the States, believe you me that is where I would be.
Showing the victims that they are believed and are not alone.
They really need our physical presence and support and not just our words right now. How petrified these boys and men must be in the midst of all these horrid lawyers trying to prove that they asked for it or wanted it.
The world needs to start understanding that this happens to many men and that it is happening more and more.

Heal well
Martin

#400215 - 06/12/12 08:54 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Guys,

It is difficult to know how close one can actually get to the court house.

I believe In Session reported that there are approximately 320 media personnel there, with cameras on tripods blanketing the front of the courthouse. There are also between 20 - 25 satellite equipped media trucks. The media that is present is from across the country.

If there are supporters, they have not (yet) been shown. I have not yet heard reports about the intensity of police presence around the court house.

Aside from the mention of the vast media presence, the only other thing mentioned is that the court room is packed; mostly by media, and by supporters, therapists and family for the victims who are testifying.

It is refreshing to hear that the newspaper is withholding the names of the victims who are testifying in this case, even though the judge has chosen to refuse these young men (I believe they said the youngest is now 18, the eldest, "victim #4," is 28) the privacy they deserve.

I have been up all night working on a project, which I am not ready to reveal. Let it suffice to say there is a lot of work to be done. Many of the resources I saw for sexual assault identified themselves in terms of "for women and children," but few mentioned males.

It is inconceivable in this day and age, with the so-called "enlightenment" of society, that sexual assault providers are still only identifying "women and children" as the only ones in need of such services.

A few of these "providers" received emails from me, drawing attnetion to their ignorance and the harm it causes.

Anomalous

#400220 - 06/12/12 09:28 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: Anomalous]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I agree the ignorance is so rampant. I hear people shouting Free Jerry, Justice for Jerry--and from some so close. It just shows how their failure to understand people and the damage of CSA and all sex abuse is to the victim. It sickens me to death to hear these comments. Where was justice for the child, so hopeless and at the mercy of the perp who used psychological and physical abuse to destroy the child's mind and to keep the dirty secret.

When I hear the commentator and those shouting for Jerry I ask if it was your son, your brother, your father that had been abused as a child how would it feel? Or would you deny them--think these victims are someones child, brother and possibly father. Don't teach your children to turn their backs on the victim because you are too cowardly to face the truth. Yes ignorant cowards who get joy and pleasure at beating down those who have been abused. I wonder what type of lessons these people learned in childhood to be so cruel.

I am so angry at what I see and hear. I am glad the media is so far not reporting the names of the victims--they deserve some dignity--they have received little so far in life.

#400223 - 06/12/12 11:35 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: KMCINVA]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
The fact that there is such intense media attention given to this trial shows us several things. Even though the media often seem reluctant to report news about child sexual abuse, they are watching. They are interested. This means that the "public" will be given lots of information not easily available before. The public will wake up more and more. Recent publicity over the Etan Patz case, Oprah Wonfreh's efforts, and other matters are starting to get the idea across that something is going on. It's not just in Pennsylvania. Perhaps more trials will be opened up across the country.

Puffer

#400225 - 06/12/12 11:47 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I hope there will be information from the victim's perspective--the impact it has on a victim's life and not solely a trial and hearing lame excuses why it occurred. It is an opportunity for the media to truly explore the issue.

#400228 - 06/12/12 12:38 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
One thing I noticed, day one of testimony took that stupid grin off that SOB's face. It is sinking in that these were real boys who really went through this. It is apparent that there is ample corroboration. Unfortunately necessary, but the prosecutor here is not ducking. From press accounts, Victim #4 really changed the tone of things and pretty much manhandled Amendola. Victim 4 is well prepared for all his rationalizations and minimalizations and smacked them back in his face. The reporter on SI said it was like this victim was waiting a decade rehearsing his testimony in his head for a day just like today. Victim 4 is my hero.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#400230 - 06/12/12 01:22 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: catfish86]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Originally Posted By: catfish86
Victim 4 is well prepared...

I noticed that too.

He's 28 now, so, he's had .. what? over 10 years to recover.

That should show you how long it takes. (I'm sure you know too) He's now able to speak his truth solidly. He trusts himself. He knows he's not to blame here.

But look at how long it takes...

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#400240 - 06/12/12 03:29 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
I wish that I was there to see this PERVERT sink into the depths of hell as the evidence mounts up against him.
I really wish that I could be there to support those victims. From what I hear Mr St John is doing a great job and people are being encouraged to join MS.org.
I hope that none on this site are being affected to badly, and that you are all staying rational and strong through this.

Heal well all
Martin

#400251 - 06/12/12 05:24 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I am afraid that this will be influnced. By the fact that this POS. Has a lot of money behind him.To spend on crooked lawers . It seems to me that The scales of justice . Can be tilted by money . There are several cases where The rich get away with crimes. Because they are able to buy there way out of there crimes.
Penn State University would like this whole thing to go away. Because it has tarnished the schools image .
Dont be suprised when he gets away with this . Or just gets a slap on the wrist.
I prey that the courts will see that This has been going on for a long time. And send to prison for a long time.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.