Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (Seekingwisdom, I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445557 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#400090 - 06/11/12 01:54 AM Coach Sandusky Trial
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
The trial in PA of Coach Sandusky . Is bring the issue of Male Sexual Trauma into the public eye . I know that this is a hard thing for these men to do.But Sandusky needs to be held accountable for the damage that he has done.
I am afraid that He will get away with this because Money shuts mouths.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#400091 - 06/11/12 02:06 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
JoeUniverseHP Offline

I'd like to think that he made such an embarrassment, he will be found guilty. Paterno scandal, so much embarrassment...hopefully he'll get some comeuppance.

#400092 - 06/11/12 02:38 AM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Guys

I've been noticing a steady climb in the number of members registering on the site since the start of the trial, so although this thing is hurting people, It is also drawing attention to the "dirty secret" CSA and helping people find MS.org.

I hope that this is not triggering people on the site though.

Heal well all
Martin

#400120 - 06/11/12 01:21 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Oh he will be found guilty of that I am sure. One victim told and the floodgates opened now he gets to drown.

#400131 - 06/11/12 03:17 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 06:30 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#400133 - 06/11/12 03:55 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Guys,

Yes, I am one of the people, for better or worse, who is following the coverage of the Sandusky trial.

Pennsylvania does not allow cameras in the court rooms, so the commentators from In Session (formerly Court TV) come out during breaks to update the producers and the viewing audience.

Though it is not allowable to do "instant reporting" from the gallery (not texting, etc.), snippets of the opening statements from both the prosecution and the defense have been reported.

It is abundantly clear that Mr. Amendola, Sandusky's lead attorney, is attacking the credibility, veracity of the accounts and even the perceptions of the "showers," every chance he gets.

One of the jurors, who will be a senior at Penn State is very moved by the trial, and appears to be watching Sandusky for his reactions to the opening statements as well as the testimony of the first witness, victim #4.

Although the court (judge) decided that the full names of the victims MUST be revealed/ used in open court, In Session is refusing to disclose the identities of the victims.

I cannot figure out why the rape shield laws are not being utilized to protect the identities of Sandusky's victims. Afterall, that is one of the purposes for those laws.

Sandusky can get just as fair a trial, and "face his accusers" if they used pseudonyms or their real, full names.

Being forced to reveal their identities seems to me to be just another tactic of intimidation by the defense.

Anywho, from all accounts, the first witness against Sandusky is doing very well on the stand, at least during his direct examination. In Session is off the air right now, and HLN is NOT picking up the coverage as they have done in other cases, so it is yet to be known how this gentleman is doing under cross examination.

It has been reported that all of the victims testifying in this case have been working closely with therapists and other support people to help them deal with the abuses as well as prepare for the trial. I am sure there is a lot of care taking place as the trial proceeds and that they will also be receiving after-care.

I admire their courage and their resolve to stand up, publicly, to someone who had been long regarded as a football deity.

It is time to bring the dirty secrets to light and to make the public understand why people do not "immediately run home and tell someone" as has been asked more times than I can count in regard to the abuses by Sandusky, and others.

I wish they would have psychologists on In Session, and other shows, and I do not mean a few media attention, grandizing not-worth-their degrees therapists, to really explain the deleterious effects of abuse, especially the confusion, shame, humiliation, guilt, etc.

It is more than time that the closed-minded in society stop blaming the victims instead of the perpetrators and stop holding those who were blameless to a higher standard than those who committed the abuses.

I also hope that those who are still suffering in silence - those who have yet to tell their secrets to anyone, find their way here, so they can finally realize they are not alone and it was not their fault. I say this for those who have endured CSA, ASA, or both.

Anomalous

#400149 - 06/11/12 07:00 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I was just getting ready to leave and the Sandusky story popped up. I should not have read--victim 4--so sad, so many years, taken advantage of by Sandusky, how can his life ever be good--hopefully he is getting help. The description of what was done, only reminds me of my own-sickens me. I was trying to stay away from the media on this story. But I guess I will have to face it once again. The Victims how I admire their courage and hopefully they are surrounded by supporters and not people who want to tear them down. This is only the beginning. I hope to keep myself in balance but want to support the victims. It will be long couple of weeks

#400154 - 06/11/12 08:04 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Sailor John Offline

Loc: Newfoundland & Labrador
Hi Okie Mike,

I agree that this case is definately bring Male CSA to the forefront. While that is good, the worst is that there are so many out there who still hide their abuse. I can only stress to those still hiding their dark secret to get treatment.

As somebody who waited over 40 years to get treatment, the abuse destroyed my adolscent and adult life. I now pay the consequences for not getting treatment earlier.

Congrats to all the survivors for having the courage to stand up to an (icon) and put up with all the publicity and questioning by the victims.

Good luck to all of them.

WE ARE NOT VICTIMS. WE ARE THE SURVIVORS!!!

#400164 - 06/11/12 09:14 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Randy65 Offline

Loc: Jonesboro, Arkansas
I watched an Espn commentator interviewed and he was saying the trial is rushed and was making statements about victims waiting too long before they came forward. It really got me fired up. I repressed for 42 years and can relate to the victims. I am so glad this is finally getting headlines. Now, if these 24 hour news channels will just inform and educate, instead of force opinions on everyone.

I pray this is handled properly in the press, it's just too importan for all of us.
Staying Strong,
Randy

My Story of CSA: The Day God Entered My Heart
http://youtu.be/vpCWEp6u9zM

My Story of CSA: "Flashbacks" (Trigger Caution)
http://youtu.be/xLd5Fe-MxVM

#400165 - 06/11/12 09:23 PM Re: Coach Sandusky Trial [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, the ignorant in society always raise that as a "reason" to disbelieve.

It is also going to be something Sandusky's attorneys use to put doubt in the minds of the jurors.

The news commentators and anyone else who feels the need to put in their $0.02 are missing, or misusing, an opportunity to educate the public with the facts about sexual abuse and the trauma it creates, rather than spew their misconceptions, compound the ignorance and reinforce the myths.

Anomalous

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.