Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (kcinohio, finallyhere, tbkkfile), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63802 Topics
445527 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#399999 - 06/10/12 01:24 PM Hello dear group
JeremyK1971 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: San Francisco, CA
My name is Jeremy and I am an abuse survivor. I suppose it's no surprise that having just turned 41, I have reached a point where I needed to reach out to others in hopes of both lending support and trying to unravel the messy bits of my own biography.

Hello to all, and a heartfelt thank you to everyone who helps support this effort.

Very best,

--Jeremy

#400004 - 06/10/12 01:56 PM Re: Hello dear group [Re: JeremyK1971]
JeremyK1971 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Also, can someone point me to the paid members forum. I just registered as a paying member but cannot find any relevant links to the private forums. Thanks!

--Jeremy

#400005 - 06/10/12 02:04 PM Re: Hello dear group [Re: JeremyK1971]
Steve0123 Offline

Good Luck Jeremy. Don't give up.

#400009 - 06/10/12 02:44 PM Re: Hello dear group [Re: JeremyK1971]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hello Jeremy,

A warm welcome to the site, and to the recovery process. Here you will find the support and understanding that has helped thousands of other men to find relief.

The Member's section is accessed on the same webpage as the public forums. When your information is processed, you will have access to the Member's section. Expect a short delay. Meanwhile, please make use of our public discussion boards, private message feature, various articles on surviving sexual abuse, Weekend of Recovery information and the New York City Conference.

Please feel free to Private Message myself or any other Moderator about site questions.
Sam

#400011 - 06/10/12 03:01 PM Re: Hello dear group [Re: JeremyK1971]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi Jeremy and welcome to Male survivor!
Take some time and explore this site, there are a lot of resources offered to survivors which are very helpful.
If you have made payment for membership just wait it is obviously pending (it seems that procedure is a little bit slower during weekends). After someone from MS stuff approve it you'll become full member and part of board for members will be shown at the bottom of forum list.
Keep sharing with us!
Pero

#400025 - 06/10/12 05:09 PM Re: Hello dear group [Re: JeremyK1971]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to MS.

I am glad you have found this place of healing and support.

If you do not have a therapist I strongly suggest you get one as soon as your circumstances allow you to do so. For help in finding a therapist please read the Consumers Guide to Therapist Shopping. Psychology Today has listings for all states and counties. You can choose the type of therapist you are seeking as well as the area(s) to which you are willng to travel. Also check your county rape crisis center. They offer services to males and females, at no cost to county residents. Some offer support groups in addition to individual therapy. Healing from these horrors is not an endeavor to be done without the help of a professional, preferably one trained to work with trauma and/ or sexual abuse.

At your own pace, read the boards and wander into chat. The lounge (chat) is open 24 hours a day though it isn't always populated.

We also have moderated chats called Healing Circles. They meet on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 9pm eastern time and one on Tuesday at 19:00 UTC (European and African time zone) which translates to 2 PM Eastern US time zone. The Healing Circle on Tuesdays is scheduled to resume in September.

Again, welcome to MS.

Anomalous

#400046 - 06/10/12 07:58 PM Re: Hello dear group [Re: JeremyK1971]
JeremyK1971 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you everyone for the welcome.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.