Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
8 registered (aniceguy, dan_in_newengland, Frustrated, 3 invisible), 64 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62565 Topics
438377 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#399752 - 06/08/12 04:47 AM Survivor and activist
Nicholas Quaine Offline

All,

like many others, I was a victim of abuse at the hands of convicted sex offender Brother Kostka Chute at Marist College Canberra (a catholic school for boys in Australia run by the Marist order) in the 1980s. More info on perpetrator Brother Kostka Chute here.

About 4 1/2 years ago I decided to turn things around by taking civil action against the school which protected Kostka and let him repeatedly abuse children for more than a decade. I very recently won that legal battle.

But I am not stopping there. I am currently lobbying for a plaque to be installed at the school to remember the victims and warn future generations to be vigilant. The headmaster and advisory board of the school are resisting. I have organised a petition which, if you choose to help me, you can sign online - more details in this post.

Thanks

#399756 - 06/08/12 05:15 AM Re: Survivor and activist Nicholas Quaine [Re: Nicholas Quaine]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
HI Nicholas

Well done man. I think you are a hero just for standing up to these perverts, Dont give up the fight, I will support you in every way I can.

I am also fighting the good fight in South Africa, so we are brothers on different continents.

Heal well
Martin

#399760 - 06/08/12 07:12 AM Re: Survivor and activist [Re: Nicholas Quaine]
Nicholas Quaine Offline

Martin,

thank you for your support and encouragement. I guess we victims are all brothers in some way. But the lines connecting us are so tenuous when we choose to remain anonymous or silent.

Best regards.

#399767 - 06/08/12 08:20 AM Re: Survivor and activist Nicholas Quaine [Re: Nicholas Quaine]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi Nicholas, welcome to Male survivor.
Congratulation on your fight, you did great job for all of us!
I've signed your online petition at other your post, that is the least what I could do!
Be well!

Pero

#399785 - 06/08/12 12:54 PM Re: Survivor and activist [Re: Nicholas Quaine]
Nicholas Quaine Offline

Pero,

thank you so much for your support. I have just read your story. It is quite different from my own.

What we are capable of being today does not have to resemble what we were in the past. If looking back fills you with sadness or shame or regret then look forward. Take what you do not want to be from your past and fight hard to change it.

The nature of what has happened to us all is such that your best accomplice in reversing any damage is yourself. Even if the nature of what has happened to us all means that "yourself" is the most difficult person to recruit.

Best regards.

#399864 - 06/09/12 01:39 AM Re: Survivor and activist Nicholas Quaine [Re: Nicholas Quaine]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
You are welcome Nicholas.
Reversing damage in ourselves is really challenging task, but there is no other path for fulfillment of our true potentials.
Keep fighting!

Pero

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.