Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (Rich1967, 3 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#404612 - 07/24/12 12:48 PM Re: I have CHF and no health insurance [Re: phoenix321]
Addison Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: phoenix321
Here is a terrible story of EMTALA failure not long ago. Woman died with an ankle injury in a jail cell after the hospital had her arrested for refusing to leave.

I have entered that site and find some informative stuff there.Certain two facts on that page are unequivocally the best we have all had.I'm going to glance up this web site usually on my PC.Everything in that site is completely true!

Edited by Addison (07/24/12 12:48 PM)

#405480 - 08/01/12 05:07 AM Re: I have CHF and no health insurance [Re: phoenix321]
Napoleon Offline

Loc: Utah
I am not a big fan of Obama care because of how it is funned creates unintended consequences by taxing “Cadillac plans”, as a result many companies no longer offer Cadillac plans. In Obama’s defense I will say that it was another politician that put this section in, Obama actually talked negatively about this inauguration….

But

If Obama Care goes though (and it very likely will) they can no longer disqualify based on pre-existing condition.

“Individuals with pre-existing conditions who have been uninsured for at least six months can buy coverage under new “Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plans.” These plans are available for the same price that healthy people would pay, and they don’t have any exclusions or waiting periods for pre-existing condition coverage.”
This part goes into effect this year. It sounds to me like they are setting your expectations incorrectly so you don't apply... Were you will cost them so much money they will try to get you to never apply, since they can't deny you.

“Insurers will be prohibited from rescinding (retroactively canceling) insurance policies due to a person forgetting to mention a past medical treatment or condition. This abusive practice has left people uninsured when they needed coverage the most, even though they followed the rules and paid their premiums on time.” http://www.standupforhealthcare.org/lear...CFYQGRQodxigAKQ

In other words you can lie about it, get insurance, and they can’t cancel you…

#410036 - 09/13/12 12:25 PM Re: I have CHF and no health insurance [Re: Napoleon]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: Napoleon
I am not a big fan of Obama care because of how it is funned creates unintended consequences by taxing “Cadillac plans”, as a result many companies no longer offer Cadillac plans. In Obama’s defense I will say that it was another politician that put this section in, Obama actually talked negatively about this inauguration….

But

If Obama Care goes though (and it very likely will) they can no longer disqualify based on pre-existing condition.

“Individuals with pre-existing conditions who have been uninsured for at least six months can buy coverage under new “Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plans.” These plans are available for the same price that healthy people would pay, and they don’t have any exclusions or waiting periods for pre-existing condition coverage.”
This part goes into effect this year. It sounds to me like they are setting your expectations incorrectly so you don't apply... Were you will cost them so much money they will try to get you to never apply, since they can't deny you.

“Insurers will be prohibited from rescinding (retroactively canceling) insurance policies due to a person forgetting to mention a past medical treatment or condition. This abusive practice has left people uninsured when they needed coverage the most, even though they followed the rules and paid their premiums on time.” http://www.standupforhealthcare.org/lear...CFYQGRQodxigAKQ

In other words you can lie about it, get insurance, and they can’t cancel you…

ObamaCare is far from perfect. We need universal, single payer and to get rid of insurance cos. For-profit is the problem in America. But, Obama has done more than the GOP would ever do except give you a free body bag before you croak. Obama had to kiss the insurance biz to get anything done.

A non-profit hospital here in town just changed to for-profit this year. Before, if uninsured, they treated you like a human 75% of the time (they did lie to me about the seriousness of a 2000 BNP so I'll say 75%). After, they treat you like shit (my experience). No money? Go die cause we don't give a shit. Pretty much how it was. Their "social worker" ( was nasty as could be to me. Blood tests I used to get, not now. I avoided going to the ER (even when I should've) so as not to cost them cash because they'd do my blood tests ($50-150 vs. $8,000 ER visit). Was it rewarded? Nope. Before, they had charity care. Now, only if they feel like it, which is rare. They refuse to even let me apply for it! Before, they had great nurses and PAs in the ER. Now, not kidding, the PAs are still in school doing their practicals. That's cool for some things, but life-threatening things, that's so not cool. The nurses with experience are gone for those right out of school.

If it wasn't for a great PA, I'd still be real sick. He got an endo to take my case for free. Took 6 months, but awesome. The doc (claimed to be an expert at thyroids) at a free clinic claimed I needed surgery. The endo said, "nope. Was he nuts?" I suffered needlessly for a year almost due to incompetence/quackery.

Not well yet, but in a few months, I hope to be.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.