Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441426 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#398890 - 05/30/12 04:17 PM Search Words
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Guys

The new power in Male survivors in Africa is going to hit the street running. There is a lot happening and at the enfd of the week there will be a great announcement, so watch this space.

What I would like now is some assistance for our web development.
We are trying to work out
WHAT DID YOU TYPE IN TO THE SEARCH ENGINE TO FIND THE HELP YOU NEEDED. WHAT WORDS BROUGHT YOU HERE.

We need some Ideas for the Meta words etc. So I would really appreciate the input... PLEASE!!!!!! grin

Heal well all
Martin

#398909 - 05/30/12 09:00 PM Re: Search Words [Re: whome]
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Infidelity
Prostitution
Child Abuse of Boys
Teen Runaways
Teen Homeless

...I don't remember if any of those are the words I Googled to get to MS, but they are certainly words I used that put me on the path to MS.

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

#398910 - 05/30/12 09:17 PM Re: Search Words [Re: whome]
Esposa Offline
F&F Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
adult survivor
male abuse victims
sexual abuse and infidelity
male victimization
acting out men

#398930 - 05/31/12 12:56 AM Re: Search Words [Re: whome]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
child soldier

Edited by pufferfish (05/31/12 01:02 AM)

#398973 - 05/31/12 08:31 AM Re: Search Words [Re: whome]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
What's in the Meta Tag must be in the text on the page or Google ignores it. Ex - putting 400 child sex abuse in Meta Tags but no mention of it in the text tells Google--ignore the meta tag. Basically, Google eliminated SEO practices that load tons of irrelevant crap in meta tags people put to pump their Google rankings (some it just refuses to index).

Putting this at the bottom of a page will make Google ignore you too (and not rank you):

sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse sex abuse

Tips:

-Always follow Google's rules.
-Name you pages based on the title of the main text on the page like - Child_Sex_Abuse_in_South_Africa.html
-Meta Tags should be keywords from the text, title, business/organization/person's name and that's it.
-Put links to all pages at the bottom/side to every page in Alphabetical order. Google loves links (backlinks they are called). Google doesn't care about alpha order but your readers will love it. Easy search and they do nothing to get it.

Now, SEO companies will also pay Google to make them higher in search (yes, to some degree that gets you ranked high but only big companies can afford it), use multiple websites to link pages (backlinks), and multiple versions of the same site to generate Google rank. So, create two blogs. One of Blogspot and one elsewhere. Link them to whichever is the main.

Blogspot idea that's smart:

When you make the page, add a link to that exact page in the title. Max of two blog posts a page. That automatically creates a legal backlink to each article/page. Legal means Google counts it. Honestly, if you follow Google's rules, Yahoo and Bing follow along. I haven't used Yahoo since 1999 maybe. Haha I think Bing just plain sucks.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#398983 - 05/31/12 09:42 AM Re: Search Words [Re: whome]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hell you Guys must be young to know all this stuff, but I am learning fast. Thanks Phoenix for the valuable advice. My Web design guy will do all the SEO stuff but I need to write the text that will bring the clicks to the page, that is why I wanted the words people search for.

Thanks all and keep the ideas coming

Martin

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.