Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64016 Topics
446760 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#398408 - 05/25/12 05:45 PM 2nd Mile to Shut Down!
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Good? Bad? What do you think?

2nd Mile to Shut Down!

#398413 - 05/25/12 08:10 PM * [Re: JustScott]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 04:27 PM)

#398492 - 05/27/12 11:17 AM Re: 2nd Mile to Shut Down! [Re: JustScott]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
"Under its plan, The Second Mile board has proposed transferring five key programs and funding to support them to Arrow Child & Family Ministries, a Texas-based program with a similar focus on at-risk youth and significant ties to Pennsylvania.

"Arrow was founded by Mark Tennant, a Washington, Pa. native who says he survived physical and sexual abuse as a child, and saw his own life turn for the better when he was placed with a foster family in Bedford.

"His agency now focuses on helping preserve families where abusive situations have been identified and, where necessary, making sure children who come out of those homes are placed with foster families specially trained to meet their needs.

"Arrow currently has a Pennsylvania affiliate based in Altoona.

"Woodle said his board felt Arrow was the best fit out of numerous organizations that stepped forward with an interest in The Second Mile programs because of the synergy of mission, Tennant's Pennsylvania ties, and the fact that with its $36 million annual budget, Arrow has the size to give create "staying power" for the programs, which are typically free of charge.

"Tennant said as he watched the Sandusky story unfold from afar, he became intrigued by the idea of trying to help The Second Mile save its programming, and the kids at risk of losing its services.

"It really wasn't a business decision from the beginning," he said this week.

"It was very much of a heart story. I realized how my life was changed by the folks in Central Pennsylvania and I wanted to give back... We needed to run toward it rather than away from it."

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/05/the_second_mile_surrenders_to.html

#398569 - 05/28/12 02:16 AM Re: 2nd Mile to Shut Down! [Re: JustScott]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
***Triggers***

Transfer the money? Maybe the $2 million should go to his victims. Great it is going down the same toilet Sandusky is about to enter. I really hope Sandusky loses everything and gets lots of gang love in prison. Especially tons of gang love in prison showers. I also hope he just wasn't the pedophile pimp to Alumni (like some rumors going around since the story broke) donating tons of cash to Penn State's Child Rape, er, Football Program.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#399063 - 05/31/12 11:05 PM Re: 2nd Mile to Shut Down! [Re: JustScott]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Obviously "The Second Mile" had to go--people will always suspect, as we do now, that Sandusky founded it mainly to procure kids for sexual abuse. Let's hope that some other outfit takes over any actual good work that Second Mile did... and let's also hope that everyone keeps an eye on what goes on at the other place!

John

#399075 - 06/01/12 01:56 AM * [Re: phoenix321]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 04:27 PM)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.