Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
5 registered (watzupwitu, JayBro, Banjo596, MrEdd, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444102 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#398142 - 05/23/12 12:16 AM Re: FiancÚ [Re: Yellowbird]
Yellowbird Offline

Thank you mmfan for the encouraging words. Reading some of your previous post, you are a strong woman!!! Stay strong and know you faith will guide you.

#398143 - 05/23/12 12:17 AM Re: FiancÚ [Re: Yellowbird]
Yellowbird Offline

Thank you mmfan for the encouraging words. Reading some of your previous post, you are a strong woman!!! Stay strong and know you faith will guide you.

#398209 - 05/23/12 05:35 PM Re: FiancÚ [Re: Yellowbird]
mmfan Offline

Thanks Yellowbird. You are incredibly strong also -I just read your last post about all you have been through, such as with your son, and your ex husband and not to mention the fact you are a survivor too -that is a VERY full plate. It's hard work being both a survivor and a supporter of a survivor! Sometimes its like being lost in a storm at sea, without solid ground or anchor!

I can totally relate to the abandonment feelings as I deal with similar issues, and when my survivor shuts me out when he's struggling, I have a hard time de-personalizing it, it activates my old fears of being rejected and abandoned. frown

It's extremely difficult to let go and trust that love will prevail, but I really do believe based on what you've said that this is a temporary dark period and that you will find your way back to each other.
What you said in your text about not being ok with the situation but that you will always love him and be there for him, I had to smile at -because it's both emotionally honest, and so loving - that unconditional support will help guide him back to his safe harbor.

And yes his response inquiring about you, sounds very hopeful to me.
Keep fighting the good fight Yellowbird, everything will be ok in the end.

#398303 - 05/24/12 12:24 PM Re: Fiance [Re: Yellowbird]
Sailor John Offline

Loc: Newfoundland & Labrador
Hi Yellowbird,

Right now, as you know, your fiance is trying to process what happened to him. This will in all probability take some time, especially since the 2 events are so close together.

If he hasn't started counselling, the quicker he starts the better, Maybe a friendly nudge about counselling will help him.

You are doing everything you can in the circumstances - telling him you are going to be there for him whenever he needs you. He definately trusts you 110% or he would never have told you.

Your setting boundaries for yourself is also a good idea. You have to take care of yourself before you can help him, whether that is just going for a coffee or a walk.

Edited by Sailor John (05/24/12 12:27 PM)
Edit Reason: moving a comment to another paragraph

WE ARE NOT VICTIMS. WE ARE THE SURVIVORS!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.