Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63164 Topics
441711 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#397938 - 05/21/12 07:59 PM Any open marriages?
NCguy88 Offline

My wife admitted that she would be interested in opening up our relationship a little further down the road if that's what I want but with the stipulations that I hold off to work on us a little bit more and not to do anything behind her back. I plan on staying in our marriage and don't know if I even will accept her offer, but I love her even more for considering it. This has all been allot to take in. Does anyone on here have an open marriage and is it working out for you all? any experiences?

Thanks!

#397940 - 05/21/12 08:11 PM Re: Any open marriages? [Re: NCguy88]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
whoa - too scary for me!!! i have a hard enough time handling one relationship - and have not done that great a job at that for years. mixing it up with more than one just sounds like trouble to me. the casual sex sort of thing reminds me too much of abuse. almost inevitable that emotions will get involved sooner or later on somebody's part. and then - lots of hurts...

seems like you might be better off getting yourself strong and healthy and stable first before making any huge changes like that.

...my opinion,
lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#397941 - 05/21/12 08:13 PM Re: Any open marriages? [Re: NCguy88]
NCguy88 Offline

I feel sort of the same way, I was thinking true friends with benefits and yes it would be a while. I just wanted to know if anyone actually had any experience?

#402468 - 07/03/12 12:02 PM Re: Any open marriages? [Re: NCguy88]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 07:10 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#402534 - 07/04/12 07:50 AM Re: Any open marriages? [Re: NCguy88]
Blessedcurse Offline

I have. Feel free to ask questions if you want. It's working wonderfully and my original relationship has never been healthier - we simply don't expect each other to fulfill every need anymore.

#402580 - 07/05/12 12:51 AM Re: Any open marriages? [Re: NCguy88]
NCguy88 Offline

Blessedcurse are you married to a woman or in a relationship with a man? I am married to a woman and we are still in talks about adding another guy in the mix, her fear is that I will fall hopelessly in love and leave which I assure her that I am not ever leaving ever..I just crave physical contact with another guy but I could not live the gay lifestyle, That's not what I want or who I am.

#402587 - 07/05/12 03:06 AM Re: Any open marriages? [Re: NCguy88]
Blessedcurse Offline

I'm in a long term relationship with a man, we opened it up years ago and he's had a couple of girlfriends since, I've had a girlfriend and now I have a second long term relationship with a man. It all works fine, what the first man and I have together can never be replaced. Only completed by other relationships. But not everybody can do this, it seems some people really get hurt so you have to be careful. Honesty and respect on all parts has been really important to us.

#402623 - 07/05/12 12:44 PM Re: Any open marriages? [Re: NCguy88]
NCguy88 Offline

We have been so open with each other the last couple of months it's been almost unreal..lol I know we aren't ready to open our relationship up yet but let me tell you it's awesome being able to talk openly about everything but I have to admit it still catches me kind of off guard when my wife actually draws my attention to some guy walking down the street saying "Hey hun look at that".

For so many years I did all I could to avoid getting caught looking and now she is encouraging it. She knows I am very serious about eventually going through with it and she is ok with the idea other than being afraid of me running off with some guy.

she did some reading on some forums about woman that opened up their relationships for their Bi husbands and the husbands ran off with their partner and we talked about it, I explained to her that I am actually in love with her again, I trust her, I can talk to her about everything, she is also my best friend why would I leave? thanks for sharing your experience it's nice to hear about people who have done it and it worked out, it's very encouraging.

#406961 - 08/15/12 11:02 PM Re: Any open marriages? [Re: NCguy88]
Alden Offline

Loc: Ohio
I am in a very similar situation, and wonder if you have made any progress on this topic, or come to reach a decision.

For me, the idea of separating, living apart, starting over is a very tough one to come to grips with, and at the same time, the idea of seeing my wife with another man is difficult to handle. I just want her to be happy, and not sure I can give her what she needs.

I identify with your comment about being open with one another, she and I have never been as close as we are now, and I don't want to lose that.

#406995 - 08/16/12 11:58 AM Re: Any open marriages? [Re: NCguy88]
NCguy88 Offline

We have decided to hold off a little while on this, I was starting to wonder if the urges to start this were just a means to re-enact the abuse that I went through, we have agreed that it is still something that we would like to experiment with later down the road but I too have had some fears about my wife falling for another man and that idea does scare me too, so before we really go through with this we need to work some on ourselves first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.