Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445405 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#394749 - 04/24/12 10:40 AM Gotta face it - maybe
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
When I was 11yo, a surgeon did extensive research into my anus, rectum and colon. Horrid barium enimas, digital exams, specula exams and LOTS of in-patient psych-exams trying to pry the news out of me. They never got it.

The surgeon back then said I had ample injuries, colonic ulsers and wart-like polyps in and around the anus. (I can actually remember when I felt them form)

Since turning 40, I've been getting the prostate exam digitally. Been avoiding it for the past year. They have also want to do a scope...refused it for years now.

Feeling pain and mass back there now.

Making this appointment will feel like walking into that basement under my own power. And my MD is an eye-roller regarding CSA.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#394751 - 04/24/12 10:52 AM Re: Gotta face it - maybe [Re: Still]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Robbie - praying for no bad news.
lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#394757 - 04/24/12 11:17 AM Re: Gotta face it - maybe [Re: Still]
ACRoberts Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey (recently moved fro...
Robbie,
Hang in there. I have had polyps and my paternal grandmother died from colon cancer. I have to go for colonoscopies and sigmoidoscopies alternating every two years. The colonoscopies are no problem as I am sedated. I got up the nerve to tell my doctor that I wanted sedation for the sigmoidoscopy since I was sexually abused as a boy. He totally understood and agreed. I just had to have the nerve to speak up. As for the prostate issue, I have to go every year as I have had some issues there. I even had to have a prostate biopsy a few years ago which was as bad as the rape when I was six. If I ever have to have one again, I will ask for sedation there as well.
Please take care of yourself and hang in there. You are too important a person to not deal with health issues. I, and I am sure others here, value you greatly!

#394948 - 04/25/12 06:43 PM Re: Gotta face it - maybe [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Seeing the MD tomorrow. This is more than regular polyps though. Its all scar-tissue related.

I was supposed to schedule it about 6 months ago I guess, but there's no way to advise the scope doc of my past without putting it through the receptionist/scheduler/assistant/beautician/gum-chewer. And I simply will not do that. I'm so done being looked at "like that."

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#394991 - 04/26/12 01:35 AM Re: Gotta face it - maybe [Re: Still]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hang on Rob, I hope that your doc would be as sensitive as possible.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be fine! Keep informing us...

#395068 - 04/26/12 02:50 PM Re: Gotta face it - maybe [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

UPDATE:

The Gen Prac MD has passed me off to the scope guy. Initial consult will be May 17.

Nothing like urgency in healthcare.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#395362 - 04/28/12 10:23 PM Re: Gotta face it - maybe [Re: Still]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
I am rooting for you Rob, this is as difficult as exams can get fellow survivor. Uhm, nope, I have been through airport security, I stand.., bend and cough corrected. Look 'em in the eye Rob, this is not the abuse, it is what is carried because of it. Like battle scars or road rashes, we need to declare it to no one except those we choose.

Tell them what you need but remember please the relief of safe, appropriate sharing for your emotional recovery, and think of what they could mean for your physical needs as well me friend.

Sam

#397493 - 05/17/12 10:10 AM Re: Gotta face it - maybe [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have the consult with the Colon Doc today at 2:20pm. I'm sweating buckets as if I wear in actual shock and feeling like I'm 11 again...and scared shitless "they'll all find-out." A surgeon did a rectal exam when i was 11, and he discovered a lot. From then on, it was barium enemas and phsych exams. The totally neglected the appendicitis I actually had. (confirmed by the surgeon at age 32 when I went septic from a melted appendix.)

How am I gonna tell this doc? I can tell on global TV, but not one medical professional? Maybe its because he brings all the evidence, reality and consequence up to current-day. I can't even take my own advise given-out to many and "write it out for the doc," cuz then he'd be sitting there reading it and looking at me like a weird fk.

Anyway, want this panic-shock to stop. I'm balancing on a pin-head here...sweating like a pig, shaking . I feel a melt-down coming as well.

I'm really ready to be done with all of this.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#397508 - 05/17/12 11:29 AM Re: Gotta face it - maybe [Re: Still]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
praying for you...
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#397509 - 05/17/12 11:30 AM Re: Gotta face it - maybe [Re: Still]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Thoughts are with you and hoping for a successful outcome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.