Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Ocellaris, Obi, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#397102 - 05/14/12 10:54 AM Time Magazine
lucylives Offline

Ok, you wanted more posts so here goes.

WTF??????? I just read something from Male Survivor side about this Time Magazine cover "Are you mom enough?" The funny thing is that I saw the cover and never noticed the boy breastfeeding on his mom. I was looking at her cute jeans. WTF?

I looked closer. I hope they are using a fake boob for him to have his mouth on, if that is possible. this is so f&**king offensive to me and downright creepy for that little boy to be posing like that. Yuck. Feel like puking.

Anyone wanna share the puke bucket?

#397103 - 05/14/12 11:02 AM Re: Time Magazine [Re: lucylives]
lucylives Offline

Let me say this........there is nothing wrong with breastfeeding. It is a beautiful thing and meant to be done in private or with some discretion. I understand being on a bus and your baby needs to eat but putting it out there like that is just disgusting and exploitive. How will the little boy feel when he is older and this creepy ass picture is out there? That is abusive.

She is gross.

#397106 - 05/14/12 11:48 AM Re: Time Magazine [Re: lucylives]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I completely agree with you Lucy. There is nothing wrong with breastfeeding but in that cover it looks really exploitive and aggressive...
I guess that modern global society finds main values only in money things and by so devalues all other things and that is very toxic mentality...

#397119 - 05/14/12 02:56 PM Re: Time Magazine [Re: lucylives]
Esposa Offline
F&F Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Oh man....

I guess I feel like the picture is supposed to be in your face - on purpose. I think the boy is supposed to be 3. Sorry, but I breastfed my children for extended periods - not 3, but my daughter would have gone there if I had let her. The only difference, I did it in private.

I didn't read the article so I won't speak beyond this - but I will say that sexualizing something that is done in love is a slippery slope as well.

#397130 - 05/14/12 04:35 PM Re: Time Magazine [Re: lucylives]
dragon Offline

Loc: on the river between Hades n V...

I want justice I want you overthrown;I want courage I want to stand alone;I want your arrogance and I want your pain;I want your everything and I want you dead--- Rev Theory: Justice

#397137 - 05/14/12 06:43 PM Re: Time Magazine [Re: lucylives]
lucylives Offline

Yeah, we are talking about it but they aren't getting a cent of my money. I don't want to read it. It is now a "rag" in my mind. Maybe I will use it to wipe my rear but that is about as useful as Time Magazine is for me.

Once I really saw it and wasn't just looking at the outfit, I thought it had to be a young actor which is sick enough but using your kid like that? Yuck. At least if they used an actor as an adult he could say yeah I did it and made a bloody fortune doing it so in your face. I was hoping it was a fake boob.

Hello, Lucy! Living in fantasy world over here.

#397205 - 05/15/12 04:35 AM Re: Time Magazine [Re: lucylives]
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Yup! More media ' shock and awe'. Shame on Time for their pitiful grab for attention. Doesn't work on me; I refuse to buy the trash.

As for the subject matter, I'm a fan of everyone growing the hell up! The one being fed on the cover is the mom who sadly derives her sense of worth by keeping her child in need of her. Sad.

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.