Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
1 registered (petercorbett), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63422 Topics
443383 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#397113 - 05/14/12 01:11 PM Re: Long, So many questions and Emotions [Re: NCguy88]
NCguy88 Offline

How can I get automatic email notifications of replies to my thread? do we have that option?..Thanks

#397122 - 05/14/12 03:23 PM Re: Long, So many questions and Emotions [Re: NCguy88]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
About e-mail notifications:
above your thread - Long, So many questions and Emotions there is Topic Options and there Add Topic to your Watched Topics. After you added it you can make additional settings to get automatic email notification like this:
go under My Stuff and open Watch Lists. Hit Watched Topics and after that open Edit Watched Topics at right upper corner and there you can make change choosing to get e-mail notifications pointing to E-mail notifications and choosing Immediately...

#397126 - 05/14/12 03:57 PM Re: Long, So many questions and Emotions [Re: peroperic2009]
NCguy88 Offline

Thanks!

#397142 - 05/14/12 07:30 PM Re: Long, So many questions and Emotions [Re: NCguy88]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
longroad-

yeah - the mood swings... first i didn't feel any emotions at all - by my own conscious decision - for decades. then the emotions came back - (following the recovered memories) - with a vengeance - and all very mixed up and confusing - couldn't distinguish one from another - they all felt like anxiety and stress. then they started to separate into identifiable separate feelings - happy, sad, angry, etc. but lots of quick switches from one to another that left me disoriented and exhausted. i wasn't used to dealing with them and now they were loose and taking over. now things are more settled. i can keep more of a balance - still feel things but not be overwhelmed by them - at least most of the time.

not saying everyone goes through the same stages - but if someone else can relate, then i guess that's good.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#397173 - 05/14/12 10:24 PM Re: Long, So many questions and Emotions [Re: NCguy88]
NCguy88 Offline

Bad bad night tonight, Have a couple of days off so I thought I'd take my wife out to a movie, got there and ran into the guy that I was talking to from my first post, didn't say anything but was trying to look me in the eyes and stuff nothing ever came of us talking but he did come into my work one day unexpectedly so we both knew who each other were but I automatically went into panic mode, I didn't tell my wife at that minute who he was but she could tell something was definitely wrong because my heart was pounding and my breathing changed, she thought I was going to have a heart attack, I told her after the movie was over and we left who he was and she understood. I was so freaked, I was shaking and then started feeling numb, awful feeling. When the movie was over I ran out of there as fast as I could practically dragging her along. She knew I was talking to someone because I told her but nothing ever came of it, I couldn't have but I just cannot handle people looking at me like that, I feel like I am loosing all control. I think it's related to the PTSD I was diagnosed with a few years ago.

#397177 - 05/14/12 10:34 PM Re: Long, So many questions and Emotions [Re: NCguy88]
NCguy88 Offline

I too was doing fine for years, I mentioned on someone else's post earlier that I had allowed my self get to nearly 400 lbs at one time I guess in a sub conscience effort to get people not to look at me, I do not like attention at all, it freaks me out. I lost weight and am now down under 200 lbs and people are noticing me and I can't handle the attention at all when people compliment me or flirt I literally want to curl up in a ball and disappear.

When my wife and I were fighting and I talked to that guy online it has really triggered something, I am such a mess right now.
I hate feeling like this, my wife hates seeing me like this and feels guilty, I tell her this isn't her fault, I pushed this down so far for so long and now it's time to deal with it whether I want to or not. I read so much on here from others experiences and allot of things start making a whole lot of sense
I know some of what's going on but dealing with all this is just awful.

#397195 - 05/15/12 12:50 AM Re: Long, So many questions and Emotions [Re: NCguy88]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I've found some relaxation exercises as very helpful in such situations. We survivors are unconsciously a little bit anxious and tensed inside and additional triggering situation can bring us to unwanted territory.
So easing inner pressure is very important skill that we need to learn and practice.
When I came here I've found very simple instructions about breathing techniques, very simple and very efficient. I've been trying to do it at my work, while walking trough city or at every other occasion and sometimes it really quickly brings back some relief and peace.
Here is the link to thread:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8233#Post378233
Other than that I can suggest grounding techniques. Such as naming objects in the room, naming something you can hear, see and feel around you, putting your feet flat on the floor and using ice on your neck.
Here is explanation and some advices at end of page:
http://www.soulselfhelp.on.ca/present.html
and here is short list of some things that you could to:
http://www.mosaicminds.org/safe-ground-new.shtml#
Maybe you could try to do some of these and let us know was it helpful?

#397208 - 05/15/12 06:48 AM Re: Long, So many questions and Emotions [Re: NCguy88]
NCguy88 Offline

Thanks for sharing those links, The next time I feel that way I will try some of those. I can honestly tell you that I was scared to death as I sat in that seat I was in hyper sensitive mode I was aware of everyone and everything around me and just felt like everyone around me was watching me, I know they weren't but that was how I felt, I was scared to death to use the rest room because I was afraid I would be approached and held it until I felt like my bladder was going to explode. I apologize for some of my posts on here, I know they sound repetitive and sort of odd, the meds I am taking for the anxiety kind of make me half out of it. I know every time I make a post I want to delete it because I am afraid of what people will think but then I don't because I figure I need to get this all out so I can finally deal with it.

I liked MS on my facebook and thought about removing the action from my activity because I was afraid that people would see it but then again along the same line I thought I didn't do this to myself I have nothing to be ashamed of so I left it.

I know my family, friends and co-workers that are in my life and on my facebook are wondering what is going on with me and I sort of feel like I owe them an explanation of what is going on but I am not ready to tell them all, Some of my really close friends and family already know what I went though but most don't know that for whatever reason I am dealing with this right now but I'm not ready to go into it with them but even I know that my posts seem sort of irrational and like I've gone off the deep end.

I have a doctors appointment here shortly to try and get my meds situated hopefully that goes ok, Trying to explain why I need the meds that they don't want to give me without telling them everything, I have been going to the same Dr since I was 15, I have never told him anything that I went through but he has treated me for depression and anxiety which was not nearly as bad as it has been recently and always wants to use anti depressants which I cannot take due to side effects.

#397213 - 05/15/12 07:40 AM Re: Long, So many questions and Emotions [Re: NCguy88]
NCguy88 Offline

I have made an introduction post today, I am feeling pretty level right now and my first posts on here are kind of confusing so I'm hoping the introduction post will help people understand me a little better, if your interested here is the link http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=397212&#Post397212

#397223 - 05/15/12 09:49 AM Re: Long, So many questions and Emotions [Re: NCguy88]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Glad to have read your introductory post and learned more of your story. don't worry about the jumpy style of writing. lots of us here just do stream of consciousness and pour it all out without much editing. it seems to help. we can figure it out. or ask for clarification. but we also can understand lots more than what you say... no apologies needed!

so welcome! and i hope you get the help and support you need.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.