Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
5 registered (pattom, Dave PNW, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443026 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#396922 - 05/13/12 08:32 AM Group for Men in Cleveland Starting Soon
innocence lost Offline

Loc: Cleveland. Ohio USA
I wanted to make survivors in the Northeastern Ohio area aware that there is a module for male survivors starting at the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center on May 23. Contact the office of the CRCC to register beforehand. This is NOT a drop in group: You must pre-register, talk to a social worker, and be approved before attending, but this process is easy and is for the protection of yourself and the entire group.

Many great things have been happening in Cleveland in regards to raising the awareness of the sexual abuse of men. The showing of the film "Boys and Men Healing" had a tremendous turnout--the theater was filled to capacity and people had to be turned away as there simply was no more room. A large article addressing male sexual vicitmization was published in the Cleveland Plain Dealer prior to the event. A copy of the article can be found here:
http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2012/04/male_survivors_of_sexual_abuse.html

#396936 - 05/13/12 10:07 AM Re: Group for Men in Cleveland Starting Soon [Re: innocence lost]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Well done on this initiative, we are starting a male survivor support group in Johannesburg, South Africa, I wish you all the best in healing others.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.