Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Rich1967, md4e, Cam76, CafeMan, pete1973), 79 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62499 Topics
438053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#396761 - 05/10/12 08:13 PM Didn't something important happen yesterday?
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I could have sworn that some politician said everyone should be able to marry the person they love.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#396762 - 05/10/12 08:59 PM Re: Didn't something important happen yesterday? [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Heard something like that as well. Even up here smile

Progress toward understanding, tolerance, diversity, acceptance and equality.

I'd say that was cause for a standing ovation. Anyone care to do the honours?

Jim

#396787 - 05/11/12 12:18 AM * [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 02:14 PM)

#396803 - 05/11/12 02:03 AM Re: Didn't something important happen yesterday? [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
dragon Offline

Loc: on the river between Hades n V...
fuck that is awesome the president supports same sex marriage ALRIGHT!!

Jayy

I want justice I want you overthrown;I want courage I want to stand alone;I want your arrogance and I want your pain;I want your everything and I want you dead--- Rev Theory: Justice

#396815 - 05/11/12 10:52 AM Re: Didn't something important happen yesterday? [Re: dragon]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's so amazingly Jim Crow, isn't it? The idea that individual states have the power to supersede rights many argue are effectively implied in the US Constitution (and which has yet to be further clarified by the Supreme Court), and the flawed notion - such as with California and proposition 8 - that the rights of any particular minority are subject to majority vote. Did people vote out anti-miscegenation laws? Of course not - that was a decision properly left to the courts. In North Carolina, the state constitution was codified to limit citizen rights purportedly to preclude the actions of "activist judges" - and so activist special interest groups prevailed instead.

If you are straight and conservative, you have no stake in the game except the misguided fear that giving others the same rights that you enjoy will somehow tip your boat. On the 100th anniversary of the Titanic, it is worth remembering that many died floundering in the ice-cold Atlantic as others stretched out on empty seats in dry lifeboats because of the same mentality.

As a gay person in the United States, make no mistake - you are a second class citizen. I applaud Obama - and especially Biden, who really got this rolling - on taking a long overdue stand wholly consistent with what the US is supposed to be about.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#396822 - 05/11/12 12:59 PM Re: Didn't something important happen yesterday? [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Eric,

Exactly.

Daryl

#396860 - 05/12/12 01:11 AM * [Re: Chase Eric]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 02:15 PM)

#396866 - 05/12/12 02:20 AM Re: Didn't something important happen yesterday? [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Guys, as someone from South Africa, with a constitution that is not yet two decades old, I look at the USA with ( I can't think of the word ) Our constitution and the courts have already ruled that gay marriages is a human right to ALL citizens, it would be decrimanatory to deny anybody the right to marry due to their sexual orientation. In less than 18 years we have had two other major rulings, one is that the state does not have the right to the impose the death penality and that abortion is pro choice, it is your choice according to your personal beliefs and religion and any medical practioner has the choice to carry it out or not.

This gay marriage issue is facilitating, that my sister could get married in South Africa to a woman, yet she would not have the same right in the USA. A world super power, fighter of human rights and freedom for all people, EXCEPT gay citizens in their own country.

Guys I am not knocking your country, I just cannot get understand why your constitution deny's this basic human right. I don't live their so forgive me if I am ignorant.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

#396894 - 05/12/12 09:15 PM * [Re: JoziSA]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 02:15 PM)

#396908 - 05/13/12 12:10 AM Re: Didn't something important happen yesterday? [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
I think people that vote against marriage for gay people (two consenting adults) are very likely reincarnated Southern Black Slave Owners and those involved in the Witch Craft Trials. They are so bigoted and hateful; and then condemn us for calling a spade a spade.

Another dynamic that I see happening is the same rhetoric that Germany was hearing when the Brown Shirts (whom evolved into the Nazi) came to, and obtained power, and control.

Does make a person wonder what the heck is wrong with those that cannot use common sense etc. There is NOTHING gay about marriage between two consenting adults, whether they are heterosexual or homosexual. It is about a commitment, it is about love, and kindness and respect for one's self and those of both families (hopefully) and about the future of each person being married. Whether or not that couple has a child or children is beside the point in 2012 or in the future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.