Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (Anura, petercorbett, woodenshoes, 3 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63993 Topics
446674 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#404391 - 07/22/12 05:06 PM Re: What do you wish other people knew about ASA [Re: J.Bytendorp]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi Recreated and welcome to Male survivor !
Please keep sharing with us and try to connect to brothers survivors here. It seems that you found your way to confront your past in productive way; you have a lot to offer to others smile
Being part of this community added immensely to my haling/recovery, I hope it will do same to you.
Be well!
Pero

#405106 - 07/28/12 10:47 AM Re: What do you wish other people knew about ASA [Re: J.Bytendorp]
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Tyr (10/30/12 06:21 PM)

#405207 - 07/29/12 12:59 PM Re: What do you wish other people knew about ASA [Re: J.Bytendorp]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 07:33 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#405997 - 08/06/12 11:28 AM Re: What do you wish other people knew about ASA [Re: bodyguard8367]
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

#425712 - 02/18/13 02:37 PM Re: What do you wish other people knew about ASA [Re: J.Bytendorp]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
"For folks who have experienced both, I would hope that they would discuss their CSA issues in CSA-geared folders, and their ASA issues in the ASA geared folder."

Edited by ThisMan (07/10/13 07:00 PM)

#427128 - 03/04/13 09:02 PM Re: What do you wish other people knew about ASA [Re: ThisMan]
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

hi there. just read your post and you make some good points. but where there are multiple sites and forum threads for male CSA on this and other sites. this is the only forum of its kind for adult male survivors. no one is saying one is worse than another. But there have been times where guys working on cSA matters have "overstepped" into this forum and the term csa hijacking for better or worse was coined. a good forum that may be a compromise for you is the malesurvivors thread.

regards

#427136 - 03/04/13 09:47 PM Re: What do you wish other people knew about ASA [Re: J.Bytendorp]
J.Bytendorp Offline
User
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake CIty, Utah
We all have to remember that many CSA members are sexually abused as adults. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone who has both ASA and CSA to share their experience, because after all they are ASA brothers as well. The CSA and the ASA are both part of who they are and they can't be seperated because for healing you have to deal with both together. We have to welcome those with who have experienced both ASA and CSA and not turn them away.

#427137 - 03/04/13 09:47 PM Re: What do you wish other people knew about ASA [Re: J.Bytendorp]
J.Bytendorp Offline
User
MaleSurvivor

We all have to remember that many CSA members are sexually abused as adults. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone who has both ASA and CSA to share their experience, because after all they are ASA brothers as well. The CSA and the ASA are both part of who they are and they can't be seperated because for healing you have to deal with both together. We have to welcome those with who have experienced both ASA and CSA and not turn them away.

#427152 - 03/05/13 12:18 AM Re: What do you wish other people knew about ASA [Re: J.Bytendorp]
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

from wlakingsouth and in the locked section. Hi Josh I certainly dont think anyone wish to segregate per se, but this forum was supposed to be for ASA focus and the guidelines were specific. obviously overlap can occur but sometimesin asa threads a csa personw as totally hijacking the thread to dicuss their own childhood things and it was haoppening constantly. i am citing the moderator in the locked thread. but of course we seek your guidance and advice for that balance. i just would hate to see this become yet another csa forum when they have the male survivors board and others here too. just my food for thought.

"Gentlemen, Please remember that this forum is about Adult Sexual Assault, ASA, and not Child Sexual Abuse, CSA. While there may well be a certain amount of discussion of the differing or similar impacts of either as a topic unfolds, please do not "hijack" a thread in this forum from discussions of ASA to that of CSA. Thanks.:

Edited by Tyr (03/05/13 12:26 AM)

#427157 - 03/05/13 12:47 AM Re: What do you wish other people knew about ASA [Re: J.Bytendorp]
J.Bytendorp Offline
User
MaleSurvivor

Tyr,

I don't think that someone who shares their experience of being sexually abused as an adult and a child is breaking any of the guildlines or hijacking a thread. They are not comparing CSA to ASA or making comparison just seeking support from others who share similar experience, not as a male survivor but as an ASA.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.