Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, traveler, royjay), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#413284 - 10/16/12 12:49 PM Re: I was raped while on active duty.***TRIGGER** [Re: JoziSA]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey sandiego, welcome to MaleSurvivor. I'm sorry that you have to be here, and I'm sorry to hear about your story, must be difficult for you since than frown
At least this is good place to share your story and give/get some support by other survivors.
Please consider to make post into introduction part of this board where many brothers could greet you more easily:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=72&page=1
Be well brother!

Pero

#414355 - 10/26/12 11:09 AM Re: I was raped while on active duty.***TRIGGER** [Re: JoziSA]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
I think I should give some feedback on my journey to recovery. It has been a while since I have been here. I recently summitted Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest point and the worlds tallest stand alone mountain. This was part of my healing process as I climbed for all male suvivors. The journey as now been posted on a blog with pictures.
www.kilimalesurvivor.wordpress.com
Please post some comments for other male survivors.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

#414366 - 10/26/12 11:45 AM Re: I was raped while on active duty.***TRIGGER** [Re: JoziSA]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey JoziSA, it is good to see you after some time wink
You were on top of Kilimanjaro, wow, I will read all that you wrote about this challenge. I truly believe that there is one mountain for everyone of us waiting to be conquered! It must be some great healing experience?
Your blog is AWESOME!

I hope to see you more around smile

Pero

#414528 - 10/28/12 04:55 AM Re: I was raped while on active duty.***TRIGGER** [Re: JoziSA]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Pero.

The one thing a did learn on that journey, is that the reward for your own healing, is to help others heal. Just as you and the others are doing here.

www.samsosa.org

#414604 - 10/29/12 02:10 AM Re: I was raped while on active duty.***TRIGGER** [Re: JoziSA]
Liam Offline

Loc: Currently South Africa
All i can say is sorry. Its not your fault never was. You have an amazing story and you are the first case of a man in the military in South Africa to come forth. I were only a cadet on a cadet camp and i withnessed some serious male abuse as well. Being fifteen at the time and being a survivor myself i am just glad it werent happening to me. There were some older guys hitting on younger guys and i managed to stay away from them the entire time. I am sorry this happened to you. I am sorry that it took you so long to feel the comfort to come forth but i for one am so glad you did. Please keep me posted - you have my emial and cell number by now.

#415096 - 11/02/12 02:18 PM Re: I was raped while on active duty.***TRIGGER** [Re: JoziSA]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sandiego

I took on a challenge this year to climb the tallest stand alone mountain in the world and the highest point in Africa, it was part my own healing for me to feel like a real man and to climb for other male survivors. Please visit the blog and I hope it helps you. www.kilimalesurvivor.wordpress.com

www.samsosa.org

#419790 - 12/21/12 07:07 PM Re: I was raped while on active duty.***TRIGGER** [Re: JoziSA]
uptownguy Offline

Loc: chicago
I had a very similar experience as described in this post(in college). I fell asleep and woke up when a guy tried to give me oral. I hand drank quite a bit of alcohol. I did not know the guy very well at all. I chased him out of the room and told a couple of my friends what he had done. We all agreed that this guy was letcherous. I offer this because I don't remember feeling any emotional repercussions other than being a little shocked. I must have been 19 at the time. Therefore, I'm wondering if part of what you are feeling is more about how your military superiors dealt with the issue. I'm not trying to marginalize your expereince but wonder if you need to tease out what the issues actually are and why they have had this effect on you.

#419800 - 12/21/12 11:12 PM Re: I was raped while on active duty.***TRIGGER** [Re: JoziSA]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
JoziSA,
You are my new role model.
-Keith

#423944 - 02/01/13 01:21 AM Re: I was raped while on active duty.***TRIGGER** [Re: JoziSA]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Keith

I'm sorry I missed this. Thank You.

I'm very excited, Mike Lew's air tickets have been booked and he is coming to a South Africa. He will doing a series of training for professionals and weekend for survivors.

www.samsosa.org

#423949 - 02/01/13 02:18 AM Re: I was raped while on active duty.***TRIGGER** [Re: JoziSA]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Those are some great news Rees smile
Keep us informed!

Pero

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.