Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (Cam76, I Want 2 Thrive, TJ jeff, 3 invisible), 72 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62500 Topics
438059 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#396327 - 05/06/12 06:21 PM WOW.... its been a year
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Well I just realized.
It has today been a year since I joined Male Survivor, and wow how my life has changed. I have dealt with huge issues and I have solved a lot of the destructive behaviours in my life, found a lot of the things that trigger me, and well, there are two things left, Sex and to sort my marriage out.
I have no doubt that these things will be sorted.

I thank Male Survivor for all that they have done here for the survivors, and I would personally like to thank KEN SINGER, for his support in our quest to start a group in South Africa, and for his brilliant book "Evicting the Perpetrator" Ken I hope that we will be able to bring you out to Africa for a weekend of recovery sometime.
MIKE LEW, your help and guidance have also been a source of strength to me and also for putting me into contact with so many groups worldwide. Your books have also been Amazing in aiding my healing.
Others that I would like to thank are MOUNTAIN BUCK and SASUVA, You guys have been an absolute blessing to me. There are many others and I will send messages to all in thanks.

To all the Guys joining this site, HANG IN THERE, face the truth and be honest with yourselves and healing is absolutely possible, I am living proof of this.

Heal well all
Thanks
Martin

BTW It is already the 7th in South Africa.

#396335 - 05/06/12 07:33 PM Re: WOW.... its been a year [Re: whome]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Congratulations, Whome!

A good anniversary and reason to celebrate!!!

Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#396336 - 05/06/12 07:57 PM Re: WOW.... its been a year [Re: whome]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Wow, you've been just for one year here and accomplished so much! Congratulation Martin smile!
And congratulation to you for more than 4100 hits at your blog. I wish you further success in work with African brothers. This is so inspiring!

#396370 - 05/06/12 11:27 PM * [Re: whome]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 02:04 PM)

#396396 - 05/07/12 08:42 AM Re: WOW.... its been a year [Re: whome]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Martin

Congratulations--you have given support to everyone. I too have been fortunate to have experienced wonderful changes since I joined in August 2011. I know this site, support groups, therapist and avid supporters have been instrumental in my healing. I also believe as you said, be honest--I finally accepted the abuse, no longer try to disown it, pretend it did not happen--that was a crucial turning point for me. I will keep going.

Everyone here--if I can move forward I know it is possible for everyone here--we all have our own time and pace of healing.

Martin--glad you are healing and life is looking up!!!

Kevin

#396402 - 05/07/12 10:37 AM Re: WOW.... its been a year [Re: whome]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Martin

Firstly congradulations on a year of some great posts (over 1100) and a year of healing. Well done on all the ground work you have done in getting something going in Johannesburg. You have been very active on this forum and have a wealth of experience.

It was on my birthday on the 28 November that Mike Lew passed on your contact details to me. We where both trying to get things going in South Africa, both communicating with Mike, Ken and Steve, oblivious of each others efforts and it was Mike who put us in touch with each other. Mike, thanks for that. It took someone who lived in a different hemisphere, a different continent and country to put us in contact with each other. Mike - Thanks again.

Rees from Jozi SA

Guys

Martin has been very modest, the news is even better. He has already got a core of people together. The Matrix men blog is getting the hits (over 4000), things are about to get going in Johannesburg. Martin and I have met a few times, getting to know each other, seeing if our visions could merge and yesterday we had our very first strategic meeting about joining forces, pooling resources and contacts and sharing the workload and making it happen..... watch this space.

It has been a great few days and the universe is supporting us, the moon is the closest to earth for those who live on the tip of Africa and this will not happen, they, say for another 100 years.

It will be a privilege to work with him and together as thrivers, helping others become survivors.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

#396437 - 05/07/12 05:01 PM Re: WOW.... its been a year [Re: whome]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
You guys are all to kind.

Thanks all for the kind words, but it is because of the vision of brave and out spoken men, that we are all able to heal in such a safe environment.
My hearts desire is to create that environment here in South Africa, and help men here to heal. I don't want any man to feel that he is alone in this.

I am so encouraged. Today I received a call from someone 600 km away, someone saw my blog and read it and called me and told me that it has made such a difference in her life.
Someone that I do not know has been helped, that someone has then spoken to others and now a group is starting to form in this small town where this thing called CSA does not happen. Well one persons journey is going to start making a difference in a lot of peoples lives.

I LOVE IT.
I encourage all of you to pass this Blessing forward, don't keep it to yourself guys pass it forward.

Heal well all
Martin

#396613 - 05/09/12 02:02 PM Re: WOW.... its been a year [Re: whome]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
That is great to hear man! Come May 14th I will officially be a year into therapy/recovery. While I still have a ways to go it feels good to be on the right path : )

#396614 - 05/09/12 02:06 PM Re: WOW.... its been a year [Re: whome]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Congratulations--I started therapy on April 22 last year, did not make my way to MS until August but prior to hear joined SNAP and several months ago another support group. I like you feel good about myself. It is a journey and we are all traveling it together--at our own pace and time

Good luck to everyone.

#396617 - 05/09/12 02:29 PM Re: WOW.... its been a year [Re: whome]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Congratulations--I started therapy on April 22 last year, did not make my way to MS until August but prior to hear joined SNAP and several months ago another support group. I like you feel good about myself. It is a journey and we are all traveling it together--at our own pace and time

Good luck to everyone.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.