Newest Members
Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy
12338 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, lapchinj, Bluedogone, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12338 Members
74 Forums
63431 Topics
443429 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#396292 - 05/06/12 12:15 PM Taught Imperfectly to Judge, Accept Forgiveness
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Sounds impossible I know. This is my latest discovery:

Forgiveness Teaching versus Judgment Teaching

Authority's Judging Teaching
We are taught by authority, parent's, teachers, older children to be forthcoming in a life to truth and transparency. It is a demand put upon children and youth to disclose completely. Lies, transgressions and shortcomings were the forefront of our relationship with authority. They taught us to look at our faults first, to prioritize those as the important part of our connection with family, friends, and God. These come into the beginning of every relationship we try to connect to, we are overwhelmed with our own failures
We reject that teaching later in life, it is overwhelming and negative, but we internalize it. It affects our work, our spirituality and our ability to interact with and teach ourselves, our families and our spirituality.

Almighty God's Forgiveness Teaching
Imagine a a man crying out our virtues as God sees us? "THIS IS a righteous man, THIS IS a forgiven man, THIS IS a clean, chaste, approved man, THIS IS God's man!"
God declares us righteousness, forgiven and He pleads for us to listen to him for peace that only he can impart. God only remembers our faithfulness, writes it in his book and turn the page, never recalling sin and error on our part. We cannot see him, but we have a record of his son. Jesus was (on earth and now in heaven) kind to lowly and downtrodden. Jesus never raised his voice to his apostles, never challenged them when they argued. He was moved to tears with the pain and suffering he witnessed.

Our resolve
Reject the teaching of judging!
Reject keeping our faults before us. They are in the way! We keep God's word as a lamp, we allow him to guide our step, not our imperfect authority, and certainly not ourselves completely.
Accept his Forgiveness, it is the first connection with God
Accept his Declaration of Righteousness, it is the next connection with our Heavenly Father.
Accept his Loyalty, his Love, his determination to keep you safe now and deliver you to the Promised Perfection.

Children need love and support, guidance. Imagine a childhood where the parents were approving and loving all of the time and how that would affect your life. Take moments in your life that were harsh, negative and overwhelming and ask yourself; "How would my heavenly fahter have reacted?" "How does that help me to connect with him?" "How does that help me let go of the judging I was forced to endure?"

All are imperfect, we learn, teach and live the best we can. See God's way of forgiveness, declaring righteous and keeping track of faithful acts only, and learn to thrive on this. We can reject the imperfect teaching of Judging, and retain the perfect teaching of Forgiveness from our God.

Humbly submitted,
Sam

#396306 - 05/06/12 02:25 PM Re: Taught Imperfectly to Judge, Accept Forgiveness [Re: SamV]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Thank you Sam for these beautiful and powerful thoughts.
I wish that we humans are capable to share more love. In that case forgiveness would come naturally to us and always in favor of judging.
I hope that we all would find that love in our hearts and courage to show it.
Pero

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.