Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
8 registered (MissesMe, Banjo596, AdawgJR, Jacob S, 4 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64165 Topics
447758 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#396186 - 05/05/12 09:44 AM Boys of St Vincent II
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
I saw the original (part1 Boy of St Vincent) which depicted the crimes within the trusted Catholic orphanage in Newfoundland, CAN during one small window of its 100 year history. Fortunately, I watched the sanitized version on PBS, else the raw version contains stuff no survivor ought to see (according to ample reviews).

Part 2 focused on the adult survivors and the criminal prosecution of perpetrators. It also covers the neglect of overriding authorities, the "don't give a sht" officials and the intentional cover-up devils. ALL of whom had been told in NO uncertain terms what was happening in St Vincents.

Though the disclaimer positions the film as non-related to actual events, its a duplication of events and an actual large-scale CSA case.

It depicts the pure freakin hell our post-abuse, adult lives can and will be. That is a much easier sentence to read than to write. Watching your own PTSD traits on screen, well-acted and produced, is absolutely horrible.

If you ever watch it...eh...don't watch it. Show it to the "Just Get Over It" people in your lives.

Edited by Robbie Brown (05/05/12 10:14 AM)

#397644 - 05/18/12 09:27 AM Re: Boys of St Vincent II [Re: Still]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
One important thing Part II ("The Boys of St. Vincent: 15 Years Later") portrays is that the long-term effects of CSA are different for different survivors. They're never good, but the intensity and direction of the badness can vary considerably.

John

#397645 - 05/18/12 09:47 AM Re: Boys of St Vincent II [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Yeah John,

There's a lot of very tough footage in this Part II. NOT an easy movie to watch.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.