Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
5 registered (cant_remember, Suwanee, TOM2, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441730 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#395893 - 05/03/12 03:49 AM Adam Sandler Movie "Thats my boy" *TRIGGERS*
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
This is the kind of stuff that fuels my self-doubt.
(My abuse wasnt with a women but I was 13)

There's nothing funny about rape and Adam Sandler's new movie 'That's My Boy'
by Dr. Keith Ablow

FAIR USE EXCERPT:
Adam Sandler’s new movie, “That’s My Boy,” should be BOY-cotted by anyone who believes that statutory rape of a 13-year-old is wrong. That sounds pretty simple, doesn’t it? I mean, after all, “That’s My Boy” is a comedy that makes light of the seduction and statutory rape of a 13-year-old boy by his pretty teacher -- a rape that results in the birth of a child.

Yet, Hollywood thinks it knows two things:

1) Sex sells.
2) Little boys do not need or deserve the same protections from sexual assault as girls because they actually like it.

They’re entirely right about sex selling, of course. In our almost hopelessly repressed culture just about anything, including a movie with such a sordid premise, can reawaken the sexual feelings we tend to wall off and deny. And yes, those same feelings will get some people to part with a little time and a little cash for a movie.

Hollywood writers, producers and directors are entirely wrong, however, about believing that 13-year-old boys are fair game sexually for adult women because the boys will enjoy going to bed with them.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#395919 - 05/03/12 08:06 AM Re: Adam Sandler Movie "Thats my boy" *TRIGGERS* [Re: onlyakid]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Shared on my FB page.....

What garbage. I'll not only not see this movie, but I will never again see an Adam Sandler movie.

#395935 - 05/03/12 09:59 AM Re: Adam Sandler Movie "Thats my boy" *TRIGGERS* [Re: onlyakid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
We HAVE to call the theaters...PLEASE!!!

Still's Globs

New Video

#395939 - 05/03/12 10:43 AM Re: Adam Sandler Movie "Thats my boy" *TRIGGERS* [Re: onlyakid]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
also shared on my FB page - and left a comment on the movie's FB page as well.

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#395941 - 05/03/12 11:15 AM Re: Adam Sandler Movie "Thats my boy" *TRIGGERS* [Re: onlyakid]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
American TV has satirized tragic events in many TV shows. "South Park" and "Family Guy" come to mind real quick when I think about this topic. No one started screaming when topics like this are made fun of in those shows. It sounds like the writers are trying to poke fun at Mary Kay Letorneau, et al.

I don't think it is anything to be upset about. It will, at the end of the day, bring awareness yet again to CSA.

As for Adam Sandler personally, he is like any other actor. I have seen movies of his I absolutely love like "Grown Ups." I have also seen movies of his that I can't stand like "You Don't Mess with the Zohan."

There is nothing saying that you HAVE to go see this movie. Feel free to exercise your choice not to see this movie.

Brian
"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#395980 - 05/03/12 06:31 PM Re: Adam Sandler Movie "Thats my boy" *TRIGGERS* [Re: onlyakid]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
deleted

Edited by phoenix321 (07/16/12 10:53 PM)

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#395996 - 05/03/12 09:24 PM Re: Adam Sandler Movie "Thats my boy" *TRIGGERS* [Re: onlyakid]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Brian,
I say this with all due respect because I know your a good guy. But it seems like your dismissing this because your frustrated about the lack of awareness and concern for adult sexual abuse/rape. However as much as you are right about the lack of help, that doesn't mean we should neglect child sexual abuse/ rape and the myths that go along with it. I am for awareness and treatment of all sexual abuse/ rape. Whether it be boys, men, girls or women.

I hope that adult abuse/rape gets the attention it deserves soon

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#396000 - 05/03/12 09:45 PM Re: Adam Sandler Movie "Thats my boy" *TRIGGERS* [Re: onlyakid]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
The "roaches" are starting to feel so secure that they're coming out of the woodwork:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...true#Post367954

Hollywood muguls in the above thread.

Puffer

#396020 - 05/04/12 01:02 AM Re: Adam Sandler Movie "Thats my boy" *TRIGGERS* [Re: onlyakid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Brian,

Its not only the very damaging myths that this sht perpetuates, but the results as well; such as a victim being WAY less likely to seek help...confusion in the victims framing of what is happenning and guilt/shame if he discloses it as a 'bad event.'

I've known two early teens this happened to (as peers of mine). They were both severely fkd for life. They felt used, forced, manipulated, propelled too fast into an adult realm and shame from many angles.

Its a law for a reason: Children cannot consent, they can only comply and be conned. Anything less than an all-out nuking of this crap is a slap in the face of the survivors here who were abused by older women.

Still's Globs

New Video

#396021 - 05/04/12 01:19 AM * [Re: LN3(SS)]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 01:56 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.