Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (53), LeeM1974 (40), MATROS48 (57), victor valdez (40)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64011 Topics
446744 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#395137 - 04/27/12 12:43 AM Re: Feeling LIke I'm not a Real Survivor [Re: ArtsyGuy]
jls Offline

Your right that it takes a great deal of courage to talk about it, not just the abuse itself but also about how we try and minimize, deny and rationalize the abuse away. At the end of the day none of it stands up to the facts, that being that adults having sex with kids, whether they be preteens or teens, is just plain wrong, and that makes us survivors of terrible acts committed against us as children.

#395182 - 04/27/12 10:52 AM Re: Feeling LIke I'm not a Real Survivor [Re: jls]
Louis Offline

Loc: TX
I think we all feel this way at some time in our lives especially as we get older in our teen years. We feel like we should have stopped it or fought it off. The one thing that bothers me the most is knowing that at times in my teens I actually think I enjoyed getting to do it, it felt good. That is what I still find hard to fight and say I cant be a survivor if I enjoyed it any at all ever.

#395199 - 04/27/12 01:07 PM Re: Feeling LIke I'm not a Real Survivor [Re: Louis]
jls Offline

Its that conflict between something feeling so good physically and feeling so disgusted about it emotionally that I had such great difficulty reconciling as a teen and still do today. Teenage kids coming of age are awkward about sex to begin with so having it forced on us by adults at that age can be very confusing.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.