Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (woodenshoes, Jwmcd2, Obi, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63575 Topics
444180 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#372132 - 10/11/11 02:01 PM Possession of Evil Spirit
brokenheart Offline

A few weeks ago - I recalled incidents from 1969 to 1971 where I witnessed a female evil spirit - enter into the body of my Mother and take control of her. This started a nightmare for myself and three younger siblings that ended up in the sexual abuse of two of my younger siblings.

From 1973 to 1978, I was able to talk to school officials about the testimony I recalled. It was as controversial then - as it is now. For my own sanity - I used a form of hypnosis for treatment to suppress the memories in an orderly fashion through disassociation.

My Mom had like a 'dual personality' disorder and was very aware of it after an incident in 1969. We would discuss it openly from 1969 to 1978. She was a religious person and refused to identify this 'alter' persona (or spirit possession) as herself.

I spoke to the Police (under the hat) and two professors at my hometown university. They were fascinated by my first hand testimony - yet - they said I owed it to myself to consider it as a personality disorder like Jekyll and Hyde. They felt I may have 'created' an illusion to illustrate the mood swings and bizarre personality changes in my Mom. The fact was - I saw the 'spirit' long before it entered into my Mom - and long before 'she' started having 'spells' and blacking out when this 'spirit' was in control and possession of her body and mind.

My Mom passed away last year - and the Doctors I worked with (1974 to 1978) warned me that the memories of the past would probably return after her passing. There was an extreme about or trauma associated with my own physical abuse from this 'evil spirit' while it was in control and possession of my Mom's body.

My Mom was too afraid to get treatment and offer her own testimony on the matter - even through - up to 1978 she was fully aware this 'spirit' was taking over her body and mind from time to time.

My other 'siblings' wanted to use 'pretense' and pretend that 'evil' side of my Mom away.

Prior to this recall, (as an adult with no memories of the past) I too was skeptical of any sort of 'demonic possession' being a reality. Now - I am totally convinced of it.

DK

#378762 - 12/08/11 11:21 PM Re: Possession of Evil Spirit [Re: brokenheart]
CheerfulJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England (at the moment)

Hi DK

I too have "seen" spirits and know others who have. There are many things that have been dismissed as the ideas of the less evolved yet they are still there and sometimes important.

Thanks for your report.

CJ

#378767 - 12/09/11 12:16 AM Re: Possession of Evil Spirit [Re: CheerfulJohn]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
There is a very strong commitment in our society toward not accepting anything supernatural. That includes these spiritual beings. I don't believe that's a correct view. A writer named C.S.Lewis has written about these matters in a book The Screwtape Letters. It's a wonderful book. I've read it more than once. Lewis writes that it is actually a strategy they have to not be apparent in our generation.

http://www.amazon.com/Screwtape-Letters-Proposes-Toast/dp/0060652896/

There are also very good spirits around. Lots of them. If we know how, we can call on God to send them to us for help when we need it. But if we are not right with God, then when we call for a spirit, an evil one might come.

Jesus believed in the reality of these beings. He sought out persons who were in captivity to evil spirits and released them from that bondage by his command. There is a phrase that has gripped me. It says 'This kind comes out only by prayer and fasting'. (although a footnote in my Bible says this was not in the earliest tran>

#395091 - 04/26/12 07:29 PM . [Re: brokenheart]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 10:49 PM)

#395092 - 04/26/12 07:31 PM . [Re: pufferfish]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 10:49 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.