Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, watzupwitu, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447694 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#394903 - 04/25/12 09:49 AM My letter of support to Sandusky victims
Kenn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto, Canada
It's been years since I've been back here so I thought I would re-introduce myself with a copy of my letter to the Sandusky victims. I think it would be great if others could be added here.

Kenn

To the brave guys of Penn State:

I was sexually abused by a man while I was a teenager, after several years of being bullied and physically abused by my elementary school principal who was also my math teacher.

I didn't tell anyone until the principal (who knew my family) had died many years later.

I wish I had been able to come forward, as you have so bravely done, because the results of hiding have not been very happy - addiction and AIDS being the two most obvious.

This is why I am so inspired by your bravery. You have a wonderful opportunity to begin recovery from this terrible ordeal.

You can be certain it will not be easy but I just want you to know that I am one of the millions of victims who didn't come forward - all around the world - now rooting for you one hundred percent!

Best wishes,

K C (full name included in original)
Toronto, Canada

William Shakespeare, Hamlet

#394912 - 04/25/12 10:49 AM Re: My letter of support to Sandusky victims [Re: Kenn]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
I sent an email of support after seeing the announcement yesterday.

Hi,

As a male survivor or sexual abuse (and every other form of abuse) I want to congratulate and support you as you stand up to the person who did this to you.

I know what you are doing is not easy under any circumstances, and this being in the very public eye only makes it that much more difficult.

It also makes you that much more courageous.

It is disgusting that the attorney for the defense is going to try to malign you and make you out to be less than credible. But for those of us who know what it is like to have been abused, we know you are telling the truth.

I hope that part of this experience includes the help of a therapist. Therapy is necessary not only to deal with the effects of having been sexually abused, but the secondary abuse that comes from taking part in the legal system and being villified.

Regardless of the outcome, know that you took a stand against the dirty secrets of your abuser and against the institutions which colluded to keep it secret.

You are heros to many who do not have a voice.

Best of luck in the upcoming trial.

(Name withheld for this posting)

Anomalous

#395512 - 04/29/12 07:50 PM Re: My letter of support to Sandusky victims [Re: Anomalous]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Guys,

I think these letters of support are a great idea, and just wanted to let you that I thought so! I'll be sending my own in the days ahead.

Jim

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.