Newest Members
Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas
12495 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
3 registered (dan_in_newengland, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12495 Members
74 Forums
64162 Topics
447749 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#394342 - 04/21/12 11:09 AM need to take a serious look
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
trigger warning.

click on link below for video message.

video link for ms

my story

my vlog

#394343 - 04/21/12 11:22 AM Re: need to take a serious look [Re: Obi]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Great job Obi smile
Lets try to support each other; all of us can help!
Completely agree whit your initiative!

Pero

xoxo

#394350 - 04/21/12 12:32 PM Re: need to take a serious look [Re: Obi]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Together we stand, divided we fall.

"Judge not, lets ye be judged."

While I haven't seen much of the judgment that you're referring to, Obi, I totally 1000% agree with what you're saying.

We are each responsible for the atmosphere that is here at MS.

D

#394359 - 04/21/12 02:58 PM Re: need to take a serious look [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
magellan...

there has been a lot going on this board....

survivors attacking other survivors on here...

it's going on throughout this board...

threads have been taken care of by the mods, thanks to the mods for their help, but it's still going on...

why? why all the negativity towards others?

this is not why any of us came to ms in the first place...

there are MANY reasons why all of us came here to ms.. i could give a HUGE list of reasons and still not give out all the reasons why...

however.....

i can also guarantee that NONE of those reasons for any of us coming here was to be attacked by other survivors...

it's time we come together..

we DON'T have to agree with each other on everything, but we need to stand together as a united front or those who put us here in the first place, our abusers, have won...

no longer am i going to let my abuser, or anyone's abuser, win... they want to divide and conquer us.. to keep us down and quiet!

NO!!! NOT ANYMORE!!!!

we have to band together and support one another.. not tear each other down...

my story

my vlog

#394360 - 04/21/12 03:13 PM Re: need to take a serious look [Re: Obi]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brothers,

Whenever I respond to a new member in the introductions forum.

I say, here you will receive compassion, understanding, love & hope.

We will hear your cries. We will help in your fears & share in your tears.

That is what i personally strive to do. Just as i hope that some of my fraternal brothers will give me in return.

Wishing my fraternal brothers well, on their journey to survival.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.
Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#394363 - 04/21/12 03:44 PM Re: need to take a serious look [Re: Obi]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Worth reviewing, directly from the site guidelines (emphasis is mine)...

Quote:
First and foremost, adults (age 18 and up) who use the MS website must realize that this is a place that wishes to promote healing and not chaos. It is not a substitute for therapy and should not be used as a place to vent unprocessed emotions without regard to the effect doing so would have on others. It is a place where questions can be asked and stories shared for the benefit of all rather than reactions that serve to confuse, scare and rob the site of its safety. It is a place where people can take risks to explore issues that require the understanding and support of other brother survivors.

It seems pretty clear to me that indulging in arguments is neither in the interests of survivor participants nor compatible with site guidelines. We all implicitly agree to this whenever we post.

There are ways to phrase disagreements along these lines so that they become productive and enlightening discussions rather than personal attacks that serve to upset the poster and the readers. It takes some style but it can be done.

I would suggest that we never forget the often tremendous courage it takes to put ourselves and our feelings up here for all to see. In my opinion, each and every reader - before they respond - should consider that fragility and vulnerability of the person they are responding to, and if that reader cannot respond along the guidelines here, then they should either express their concerns in a PM (to the poster or to a moderator) - or not at all.

Seems simple enough to me, at least.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#394366 - 04/21/12 05:30 PM Re: need to take a serious look [Re: Chase Eric]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Orchidland Big Island Hawaii

When viewing the forums I have a choice but if l disagree with whats available do l stand up and tell everybody or tactfully influence others. Nope.
I believe malesurvivor.org has a big problem with disagreement. Why is it even here? Why would anyone offer anything not supportive?
I recently left MS not because l am so healthy it was time to go...l split because it was making me unhealthy.

"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#394367 - 04/21/12 05:54 PM Re: need to take a serious look [Re: Obi]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
This is most unfortunate.

I have seen posts posted that seemed by my discernment to be hotmeds of disagreement and strife, and have steered clear of those discussions altogether.

And whenever I saw that someone WAS being argumentative and disrespectful towards me, I just let it slide. There's no use in escalating a pointless argument. The only thing that happens is people get hurt.

I'm here to heal and to share. I'm not here to boost my ego or to argue. That is completely pointless.

I'm glad that MS is here. And equally glad that I'm using my judgment to steer clear from threads that I deem to be potentially incendiary topics. Maybe that's why I haven't seen much of the arguing or judgment.

D

#394387 - 04/22/12 12:53 AM * [Re: Obi]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 05:24 PM)

#394408 - 04/22/12 02:31 AM Re: need to take a serious look [Re: Obi]
dragon Offline

Loc: on the river between Hades n V...
great job Obi

i am new here and don't know what is happened but you summer it up perfectly

Jayy

I want justice I want you overthrown;I want courage I want to stand alone;I want your arrogance and I want your pain;I want your everything and I want you dead--- Rev Theory: Justice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.