Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (pittsburgh, Suwanee, ethereo222), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63190 Topics
441850 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#393572 - 04/15/12 08:25 PM I didn't ask for this
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
So bad things happen to good (re: innocent) people. The reason I've always been given for this is because God doesn't force Himself on us. He gave us (the human race) free will.

Or did He?

I never asked to be born. It would have been so much better if I hadn't been. I wouldn't have had to endure the abuse. My abusers wouldn't have more sin heaped upon their heads. I wouldn't have hurt my wife and family with my infidelity. I wouldn't have had to struggle with homosexuality.

I swear I don't get it. Blessings? Bull. As far as I can tell, I was put on this Earth to be treated like shit and tossed aside. I didn't ask for this. Me being placed on this Earth was not MY free will.
About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#393584 - 04/15/12 11:38 PM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
not gonna argue with you
i have a lot of questions too
but somehow i just can't seem to totally give up on faith
not ready to quit yet
for me, there has to be the possibility of something better...
lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#393855 - 04/18/12 12:47 AM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
chambers Offline

Loc: VA
Well it sounds like you still believe in a higher power. For me I've pretty much given up on that, and it has helped me put things in perspective.

Edited by chambers (04/18/12 12:47 AM)

#393984 - 04/19/12 12:26 AM . [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 10:54 PM)

#394114 - 04/19/12 08:36 PM . [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Life's A Dream Offline

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 10:53 PM)

#394118 - 04/19/12 08:51 PM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Sadly there are A LOT of people out there who call themselves Christians, but sadly are not. How do I know this? Simple, Jesus Himself said that many will call out to Him "Lord, Lord", but He will tell them to depart because He never knew them.

God is love. Jesus said you would know His disciples BY their love. If someone professes Jesus, there will be evidence to either confirm that, or show them to be liars.

My experience has been that the understanding and perception many have is wrong, and their perception is based upon actions done by those who profess but by those actions can be clearly seen as liars.

I'm open to discuss and share, but I don't get involved in fights and quarrels, and yes, I actually have many agnostic and atheist friends. Truly i probably have more non-believers who are friends than those who are.

Edited by JustScott (04/19/12 08:53 PM)

#394120 - 04/19/12 08:57 PM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Free-will is one of those interesting topics that there are many viewpoints on. I personally believe that we HAD free will at one time.

Definitely an interesting topic. Not sure if this is a good place to get into such things though, as I'm not sure if it fits within the guidelines of the forum.

Any Mods about who could comment?

#395679 - 05/01/12 04:34 AM . [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Life's A Dream Offline

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 10:44 PM)

#395737 - 05/01/12 03:05 PM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

You're not in an uncommon place.

I recently started seeing a counselor at the local crisis center in my area. (She's admitted got next to no experience at all with males at all). One thing she said though, as we talked, was that she was very surprised that I still held strongly to my faith. I'm guessing with the things she talks about daily with people, that many struggle or give up on it entirely.

It's no easy task to deal with these issues and certainly faith is difficult in the face of great hardship, especially when we're experienced great evil at the hands of others.

I sat in a group last Wednesday night. In that group the topic was the Sovereignty of God. The issue of course came up about hardships and difficulties etc. And as I listened I heard all the old tried and true answers and as continued to listen, I thought to myself... these people haven't got a clue how to answer someone who has experienced the things I have, that we all here have. I thought briefly about bringing it up, but by the time I had gotten my resolve to do so, the class moved on to another issue and it didn't feel right dragging us back to something that had already been discussed.

Maybe sometime I'll have the chance again. We'll see.

I thought I had more to say but my mind has gone blank and I've sat here for quite some time with nothing else coming.

Heal well.

#395788 - 05/02/12 04:31 AM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Life's A Dream]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
I dumped Christianity and never felt better. Still believe in the feminine God/Goddess. The more I looked at religion the more I found, God/Goddess is whomever or whatever you need him to be. Never felt any of that "love" Christians talked about endlessly about just oppression. They also hate transgender people like me, gays, lesbians and people who like casual sex. I think they all are right to a point then they use it to control people. God/Goddess made us, gave us a planet and has little to do it. Hard to trust the male version anyway. He/she just wants acknowledgement and judges nothing. That's it IMO.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.