Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (gatoonfanatic, teba, 4 invisible), 48 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62529 Topics
438173 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#407300 - 08/20/12 11:45 AM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Just updating on this topic. I am still questioning; still unsure. I want to believe something better will come. I have started attending the Metropolitan Community Church of the Blue Ridge in Roanoke, VA. MCC is a fully-inclusive denomination, accepting all LGBTQ people. It is a Christian church. Some of you will cry "foul" at that statement. However, if you take the time to read about MCC and the scriptures, and keep an open mind, you might be surprised. I'm still not 100% sold; I guess I'm a doubter by nature, but I feel it is keeping me in the church, keeping me thinking about God rather than just discounting Him, and it has provided me with a support network. I hope you all are doing well.

Peace,

John
About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#407316 - 08/20/12 02:16 PM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I have heard great things about MCC and known some wonderful people that attended. The one here in Denver has a service that I'm not 100% comfortable with in how they do some things. I can worship there, and know I'm worshipping God - but that particular congregation is not a good fit for me.

But I'm thrilled you are connecting with a church that can keep you thinking about and communcating with God.

M

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#407353 - 08/20/12 10:23 PM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
John, good to hear from you again.

do you know the story of Balaam and his donkey?
i love that one because it proves that if God wants to get through to us, he will - no matter what the mouthpiece - especially when we have an open heart - and Balaam didn't even have that going for him!

no disrespect intended to your choice of venue - even if you are not in a church, God can speak. in fact, may of my most clear messages have been outside of the hallowed walls! but since you are attending there, may God bless you where you are - and give you what you need!

Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#407705 - 08/23/12 06:44 PM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
God does not have to prove anything to us...He is the creator.. When you see a building you just understand that there was a creator, a builder..Same with me and my God.. We do have free will, to accept Him or not... Here is an example I like to use, If you watch a child and never correct them then they will usually do something wrong..Bad is born into us, it is because we are of the world.. Thru God,Jesus and ther Holy Spirit we are transformed out of worldly desires seek the right and true path. When you are in church and you feel that flutter in your heart and them eyes start to tear up, that my friends is God knocking at your heart.. You can never stray too far, He will always forgive you and guide you if you let him and give it all up to Him.. I did and it was the best experience of my life.. I stopped drinking cold turkey, I stopped cussing cold turkey, I actually have feelings now...I hope that me expressing this does not offend anyone as that is not my intent, I just want share what worked for me..

Edited by Country (08/23/12 06:45 PM)
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#408772 - 09/03/12 09:46 AM Re: I didn't ask for this [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
quasimodo Offline

Loc: Kansas City, Kansas
I had to get past the good vs bad crap i had been brainwashed into believing since a child.

Shit happens. Good stuff happens to bad people, good stuff happens to good people. Bad stuff happens to bad people, bad stuff happens to bad people. This happens to all of us. ALL OF US!

I have learned that I am not what has happened to me.
I have learned that I am not who people think I am (what they think is none of my business).
I have learned I am not the center of the universe and the world does not revolve around me (I got some humility).
And most important of all my discoveries is the fact that I have spent the last three years letting my Higher Power drive my life, things have NEVER been better (When I was in control I totally made a mess of things and it only took me 50 years to figure that out).

Now, I spend time with people who want the same thing as myself: Wanting a spiritual life filled with honesty, humility, openness and love.

lb

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.