Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
3 registered (WalkingBuffalo, GT13568, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447919 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#393335 - 04/13/12 01:56 PM The Rip Current
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

I wrote an article for The Huffington Post today to help continue the conversation in the media about male survivors. Take a look if you wish.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-carlton/male-sexual-abuse_b_1423506.html?ref=impact

Chris
www.nicetomeetmebook.com

#393338 - 04/13/12 02:29 PM Re: The Rip Current [Re: BuryingJack]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Wow Chris! This is really great!

I can't believe you wrote that! Not only is it informative and very well written but it as by way of comparison has a very, very positive message (at least that is what I got out from it)!

I really hope that this reaches not only a broad audience, but possible a new Audience as well of guys that could be suffering this very instant and have their lives changed for ever by making the choice to "take that first step" in recovery.

I want to thank you for doing that. You did not have to, yet you did it anyway. I am not sure of the motivation from your perspective, whether it just plain and not so simply altruistic, or just paying back some of the support that you have received of the years--but my speculation as to why is not important!

The fact is, is that you showed vulnerability for a still highly silent and secretively suffering group of people on a subject that is not only very difficult and painful to discuss on a personal level, must more a public one, but is also viewed by the outside world as still being a somewhat taboo subject to discuss at all!!!

I guess I am just very sincerely surprised that someone could and would Make such a Courageous Statement, like the one that you did.

It brings me great hope and inspiration to read something like that by a fellow Male CSA Survivor!!!

Thanks again for being the courageous one to stand up and share your true inner strength, especially for the ones still suffering in silence 'out there.'

Sincerely,
Logan
-Blade Runner

#393339 - 04/13/12 02:50 PM Re: The Rip Current [Re: BuryingJack]
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks so much for the kind words, Logan. A friend of mine works at AOL, and she read my book, and shared the book with an Editor friend of hers at Huffington Post. From there, they asked if I'd want to write about male csa issues...and, since I'm at a point where I feel very comfortable sharing my personal story, I jumped at the chance. I will be writing articles on a variety of male csa topics, 1 per week, so I'll try to keep you posted. Thanks again for your support/encouragement.

Regards,
Chris

#393340 - 04/13/12 03:10 PM Re: The Rip Current [Re: BuryingJack]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Great article Chris,
keep informing us about your writing smile !
Pero

#393341 - 04/13/12 03:39 PM Re: The Rip Current [Re: BuryingJack]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: BuryingJack
I wrote an article for The Huffington Post today to help continue the conversation in the media about male survivors. Take a look if you wish.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-carlton/male-sexual-abuse_b_1423506.html?ref=impact

Chris
www.nicetomeetmebook.com

I'm about 2/3 through reading the book. I recommend it highly.

Edited by pufferfish (04/13/12 03:40 PM)

#394284 - 04/20/12 09:35 PM Re: The Rip Current [Re: BuryingJack]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Thanks, Allen

I just bought my copy off of Amazon, so I will let you know when I am finished reading it, what I thought about it and what I think is most helpful---for me at least.
-Blade Runner

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.