Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#393312 - 04/13/12 11:31 AM Race to Stop the Silence-April Sexual Abuse Aware
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

April is Sexual Abuse Awareness Month.

Events are planned around the country. If you are in Washington DC there is

Race to Stop the Silence
Freedom Plaza
Sunday, April 29, 2012 @ 9:00 AM
http://www.stopcsa.org/race

This year I am not in shape to run, but will train for next year. But I plan on being there to cheer on the survivors and supporters who rally to end the silence.

Brief Description of event: Join us in Washington, DC for the seventh annual International Race to Stop the Silence, and help stop child sexual abuse (CSA). CSA is a silent epidemic that critically affects children, adult survivors, and society. You can be a part of the solution. Thank you for helping to Stop the Silence. Race for Stop the Silence is for CSA.

I have attended a seminar locally sponsored this month organized to help sexually abused victims-it was a very emotional and moving couple of hors--survivors, families, friends and supporters together sharing their stories and journey to healing. Some survivors were alone, abandoned by their families and friends but they found friends in the group along with compassion and hope. I was fortunate a wonderful supporter met me there, it gave me strength and comfort at the same time. Having the supporters and families there helps everyone who is surrounded by a survivor better understand everyone's pain.

Hopefully in the future there is more awareness of the month and wider media coverage.

#393409 - 04/14/12 05:30 AM Re: Race to Stop the Silence-April Sexual Abuse Aware [Re: KMCINVA]
WriterKeith Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Thanks! This is good to know about. I'm checking out their web site right.....NOW!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.