Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (GT13568, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63370 Topics
443126 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#393140 - 04/12/12 12:53 AM Hello Its me
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Decided to finally put me out there, and changed my avatar to a picture of me as an adult, (not a very good one)
Well if I claim to want to help people recover from CSA in South Africa, then they should know who they are dealing with right.

Thanks for all the PM's Didn't expect such a response.

Well everybody, this is me HI.

Heal well
Martin

#393141 - 04/12/12 01:16 AM Re: Hello Its me [Re: whome]
mike13 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California USA
Martin you will always be tops in my book anything I can do to help you in South Africa let me know Mike

#393143 - 04/12/12 01:25 AM Re: Hello Its me [Re: whome]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Great smile and great pic Martin :-)!

#393151 - 04/12/12 03:15 AM . [Re: whome]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 11:03 PM)

#393152 - 04/12/12 03:25 AM Re: Hello Its me [Re: whome]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Stepping out of the shadows? Good for you, Martin! One by one we are joining you there in the sun.

#393170 - 04/12/12 08:39 AM Re: Hello Its me [Re: whome]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks guys, you are all welcome in the sun, (in sunny SA that is)
And LAD the attitude to csa here is probably more conservative than the attitude in the US.
You Guys are a little more advanced than we are.
I cant even get the talk shows to invite us on and most television programmes avoid us too.

Never stop trying, right.

Heal well
Martin

#393188 - 04/12/12 11:59 AM Re: Hello Its me [Re: whome]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
That is great man I understand why others do not put there pick up but i think it should be a goal for everyone because the shame of it all is why so many stay in the dark . My wish is that everyone would break the chains and realize the boogy man is not going to come out . I could care less who knows about my abuse that is just where i am at i do not expect everyone to be there but i would like to put it out there that this is a point all of should strive for because when our picture is up we are truly acknowledging that we have taking our lives back and are truly not ashamed and even if some one goes snooping around and happens to see us on this sight than so be it . Hell it might even let some one no that hey that happen to them and it happen to me .

So big ups on this man I had my pic up and it had an immediate impact on geeders , he says if i remember right that it gave him hope for couples and that i should never take it down. I have thought about changing it a couple of times but i tend to think he is right people do need to see a sense of normalcy so to speak and the pick of you being up speaks volumes my friend

Congrats on stepping out and in a sense taking even more of your life back not being afraid and man i just feel this excitement for you and not as a put down to any one that has not done such a thing because everyone is at a different place in their recovery and i know to some this is not even in the realm of possibility but i hope some will examine this

peace and blessings
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#393197 - 04/12/12 01:58 PM Re: Hello Its me [Re: whome]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks nltsaved

I agree it is more of a declaration to the world that I am no longer afraid. My first step was to not use my site name anymore but my real name, and the final step, my face.

Thanks for the support.

Blessings to you and your wife

Heal well
Martin

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.