Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441316 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#392988 - 04/10/12 01:15 PM Looking for Victims of Father Michael Kelly
pluckmemory Offline

On April 6, 2012, a civil jury unanimously found Father Michael Kelly guilty of sexually assaulting a 37 year old man when he was ten years old and an altar boy at the Cathedral of the Annunciation in Stockton.

In addition to working as a priest at the Cathedral of the Annunciation in Stockton, Kelly has also been the priest at St. Joachim's Catholic Church in Lockeford from 1994 until last week, when he was forced to resign.

We know that there are many victims of Kelly out there who have too afraid to come forward. Now, the brave victim who spoke out in the civil trial has paved the way for you; please come forward.

I am a victim's advocate and not affiliated with law enforcement. If you are a victim of Father Kelly, or know of one, please send me a private message here and I will send you my phone number.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120407/A_NEWS/204070327/-1/A_NEWS02

STOCKTON - The jury in a civil trial found that Father Michael Kelly should be held liable on three counts related to child molestation, according to the lawyer of his accuser.

Attorney John Manly said Friday a civil jury unanimously agreed his client, a 37-year-old man identified in court papers as John TZ Doe, was molested by Kelly while Kelly was a priest at Annunciation Cathedral in Stockton. The plaintiff was a student at Annunciation school in the 1980s.

Edited by pluckmemory (04/10/12 01:18 PM)

#393095 - 04/11/12 06:32 PM Re: Looking for Victims of Father Michael Kelly [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Also, there's a Craigslist ad: "Looking for Victims of Father Michael Kelly"

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/com/2950462981.html

#395686 - 05/01/12 07:39 AM Re: Looking for Victims of Father Michael Kelly [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

A number of new victims have come forward to say they were sexually assaulted by Father Michael Kelly. One new victim who has come forward states that he was molested at St. Patrick's Church in Sonora, California.

Additionally, the Calaveras County Sheriff's office put out a statement yesterday about their continuing investigation into Kelly. If you are reading this, please come forward. You can send me a private message here if you like.

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/1607386/Father-Kelly-Facing-Criminal-Charges.html

Excerpt:

The Calaveras County Sheriff's Office has been investigating additional allegations made against the priest. Kelly has reportedly returned to his native Ireland. If additional charges are brought against Kelly, it could potentially lead to him being extradited back to the U.S.

Sheriff Gary Kuntz has released the following statement, "The Calaveras County Sheriff's Office is currently completing interviews with persons associated with the Father Kelly case. Attempts are being made to locate potential witnesses and victims, however this effort is complicated by the fact that many persons now reside out of the area. One Detective from the Sheriff's Office is specifically assigned to the case, and it is the intention of the Sheriff's Office to submit a report to the District Attorney within the next 30 days."
The Sheriff's Office notes that no further information will be released until the full report is submitted to the DA's Office.

Edited by pluckmemory (05/01/12 07:39 AM)

#395687 - 05/01/12 08:00 AM Re: Looking for Victims of Father Michael Kelly [Re: pluckmemory]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I glad the case is being pursued. Now where are all the institutionalized by the church followers of Kelly. They cried and disbelieved the victim--which is quite common. Sadly, age, race, educational and socio economic level--the followers follow blindly. I hope they nail this bastard and now all the followers who spoke in support--where is your ignorant tongue wagging now? People need to think and open their minds--it is pervasive in the church--those who say it did not happen are fooling only themselves--they cannot think on their own. It is about time the church, its followers (those that follow blindly and hurt the victims with their remarks and accuse the victim of being a liar)be held accountable to the victim.

#403251 - 07/11/12 08:18 AM Re: Looking for Victims of Father Michael Kelly [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

New story on continuing criminal investigation into defrocked Stockton priest Michael Kelly:

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_75df0cb6-cab2-11e1-87fe-001a4bcf887a.html

Former San Andreas priest Michael Kelly faces renewed sex abuse allegations this week after Stockton attorney John Manly confirmed he will press ahead with litigation on behalf of several new clients.
An untold number of accusers have come forward to police and attorneys across three counties after a civil trial against Kelly ended in a $3.75 million verdict last April.
_________
___

We understand that a young anonymous victim has contacted the northern California chapter of SNAP who has not yet gone to law enforcement. We urge him and all victims of Kelly to come forward.

Please call Sgt. Chris Hewitt at the Calaveras County Sheriff's office in California:

209-754-6500 or 911 if there is an immediate threat.

Please contact attorney John Manly in Newport Beach, CA at 949-252-9990.
Manly represented the victim who won the civil suit in April. Kelly had molested the man when he was ten years old.

During the civil trial, Kelly fled to Ireland where he is hiding out as we speak.

There are many victims of Kelly out there. Please come forward.

Edited by pluckmemory (07/11/12 08:19 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.