Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63559 Topics
444068 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#387098 - 02/24/12 05:13 PM MST Summit
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
The Service Women's Action Network will be hosting the nation's first ever MST summit May 17-18 in Washington, D.C.

Despite the name of the organization men are welcome and included in this event.

Follow the link for more details. Hope to see some people from here at the summit.

Brian

http://truthandjusticesummit.org/

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#387213 - 02/25/12 12:38 PM Re: MST Summit [Re: LN3(SS)]
tartugas Offline
Board Member
MaleSurvivor
Loc: NYC
Brian,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will be posting a link to this on the mainpage of the website.

Chris

Healing D.H. Lawrence

#393047 - 04/10/12 09:17 PM Re: MST Summit [Re: tartugas]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Unfortunately there is no link to this event on the mainpage of the website.

This event has been changed to May 8th at the Washington Court Hotel. Mary Lauterbach will be the keynote speaker. Her daughter, Maria, was murdered by a Marine accused of sexually assaulting Maria.

After lunch we will be making Congressional visits to advocate for resources to meet this crime.

I will be speaking on the survivors panel from 830 - 945 AM.

Brian
"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#393054 - 04/10/12 10:03 PM Re: MST Summit [Re: LN3(SS)]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Brian,

Good for you and for the others connected with the military that were assaulted that you are speaking up for at the event. This is no small thing. No small thing at all.

Daryl

#393427 - 04/14/12 10:00 AM Re: MST Summit [Re: LN3(SS)]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

This event was brought up two months ago. At that time we were told a link would be posted on the homepage of MaleSurvivor.

I don't see the link for this event on the homepage. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

Thanks,
Brian

#393540 - 04/15/12 11:34 AM Re: MST Summit [Re: LN3(SS)]
tartugas Offline
Board Member
MaleSurvivor
I apologize for that Brian, I did ask for that link to be added to the list of events on the main page, but obviously that did not happen. I have sent an email to Interworks to follow up and ensure that the info gets on there.

Chris
Healing D.H. Lawrence

#393725 - 04/17/12 07:28 AM Re: MST Summit [Re: LN3(SS)]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

I want to acknowledge that this event is now on the MS homepage. Thank you for making this event appear on there.

Looking forward to seeing anyone that can make it there. Come up to me and introduce yourself after the survivor panel from 830-945am.

Brian

#393931 - 04/18/12 12:54 PM Re: MST Summit [Re: LN3(SS)]
tartugas Offline
Board Member
MaleSurvivor
Brian, et al,

Please also direct your attention to our FB page today. Past president and current media spokesperson, Curtis St. John spoke with a NYC radio station about men being abused in the military.

http://www.fmnewsnewyork.com/news/local/story.aspx?ID=1688556
Healing D.H. Lawrence

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.